Summer Trips

I'm very excited about this summer because Josh and I have a few fun trips planned.
As I mentioned before, Josh surprised me w/ a trip to California to see our friends Jeff and Nancy. They live in the bay area so I know they will entertain us by taking us to the ocean, to San Fransisco, great restaurants, and much more. We leave for this trip at the end of April. Can't wait !!
Then in July, we are ( most likely... plans aren't definite yet ) going to the Oregon Coast w/ Josh's three best friends from Washington and their wives. We were going to plan a camping trip, but seeing as how two of us will be very pregnant by July, we opted for actual beds and not sleeping bags. This will be a great time as we don't get to see the "guys" as much as we'd like to. All of us but one are married and now two of us are having babies.. yes, we're growing up !! So it will be so fun and interesting to see how things change and watch as all of our priorities shift. Only good things though and we are all excited about the changes. This will be a great get together !
In the second week of August, we'll be heading up to Boise, actually McCall to have the Kramer family reunion. Unfortunately, a lot of the Ohio family members won't be able to make it due to scheduling problems, but we are just excited to see those who will be there. Ken and Ann have a house in McCall, and Nick and Paula are renting the house right across the street, so we'll all be close and it will be a guaranteed wonderful time. The food will be amazing as always ( by August, I BETTER be able to eat without problem ) and the company even better. My dad's side of the family is so great. They are the most non judgmental people I've ever met. Nothing but accepting and they are great examples to me. A couple of them haven't met Josh yet ( unable to make the wedding ), so I'm excited for them to meet and know they, just like everyone else, will fall in love w/ him.
Good times ahead for us. It will be a busy summer and one I'm looking forward to. Josh has been busy getting the garden started. Our back yard is hideous right now. And I'm wondering if Josh is wanting to play football or actually grow veggies. The garden is HUGE so far. It's still just a mound of dirt, w/ slats of wood lying everywhere. He's doing raised beds this year and had grand dreams of what he wants it to look like. He's also working on landscaping the yard as well and we will be planting flowers hopefully soon. I wish Home Depot sold money trees as well. That would come in handy in the back yard. Hmmm.. I need to go buy some crafts.. go pick from the tree.. Hmm Josh needs some new tools.. go pick from the tree... Hmmm.. my baby needs a bed... go pick from the tree !! Know where I could find one of these !! j/k. I'm so excited for the garden to grow. Josh is VERY excited about all the veggies he's going to mash up in the processor and can for the baby when it comes time for him/her to eat regular food. Josh is a master canner w/ our food storage full of yummy pears, peaches, applesauce, salsa and much more. I really want to get a sewing machine and branch out w/ my crafts.. maybe I'll start w/ making Josh an apron !! ( hee hee ) Actually, I love the fact that he cans. My dad used to can as well.. they are just providing for their families and that makes me proud !!

Comments