Grandma Laney's Birthday


Today is my Grandma Laney's ( Phyllis ) birthday.. and while I feel extremely close to all of my grandparents, I have always had such a strong bond w/ Grandma and Grandpa Laney. Grandma Laney is such a sweetheart and I have so many wonderful memories of being in her home. Here are a few things that remind me of my beautiful Grandma:
1. Chantilly Lace Perfume 2. Eating fresh tomatoes like apples, sprinkling them w/ salt 3. Cooking-especially making home made noodles 4. Working in the garden 5. The sound of doves cooing 6. Mrs Olson from Little House on the Prairie- they both had dark hair and were a little fuller and I still to this day think of Grandma when I watch LHOP. 7. Lying on the hammock under the weeping willow tree reading 8. Bee hives-She and Grandpa had several bee hives in their back yard 9. Journals- my grandma gave me my first real journal 10. Miss America-when I would visit her and come up from the basement in the morning, looking horrible I might add.. she would always start singing " There she is ... Miss America... "
She is a great person and has been a wonderful Grandma. I made this little book of love for her birthday. It has many pictures of her when she was young and pictures of her life together w/ Grandpa. They were and still are great examples of what true love should be and how two people should treat each other. With all the wonderful and very much appreciated wedding presents Josh and I received, I have to admit, the one I treasure most is a letter that my grandma wrote me. She talked of how much she loved Grandpa and how he was her sweetheart and that he treated her w/ nothing but respect their whole marriage. She hoped for the same w/ Josh and me. I have kept most of her letters over the years and will always treasure them. I've been a blessed girl to have grown up w/ Phyllis Laney as my Grandma. So.. today.. Happy Birthday to you Grandma. I love you more then words could ever explain. You are forever my Miss America...

Comments