Friday Fun...

Saw this on another blog and she invited others to do it on theirs: So here we go...

1. Three things in your fridge that define life right now: Cucumbers, squash and Zucchini~ I can not eat them fast enough to keep up with the garden
2. Three recent acquisitions: A garlic roaster for Josh’s birthday on Wednesday. ( sure hope he doesn't read the blog before then. I will be getting him new grilling tools on Saturday as well ), I bought myself two new pair of hiking pants for fall, and we just bought a new lawn mower, edger and vacuum cleaner ( that’s more then three items but it was actually only three purchases)
3. three classics you reach for every day: My Burt's bees pomegranate lip balm, My crystal light to go packets, My hair rubber band. My hair is out of control (getting it trimmed today ) so when it looks like crap I just throw it up)
4. your kids right now, in three words or less ONE DAY SOON
5. your spouse/significant other right now, in three words or less Very hard worker ( he's working OT again for the holiday weekend )
6. what's on your to-do list Clean house, work on Christmas crafts, take pictures of Brennon and Ryan
7. something you do often that relates directly to the season right now We are starting to have chillier mornings and evenings, so that makes me think of fall... and I always put in my Dying Young Soundtrack because that music reminds me of fall and leaves turning colors.. and wearing sweaters !!
8. what you're listening to right now Billie Holiday
9. what you're worried about right now Lisa potentially moving to Boise and Josh and me (? or is it I ?) not being able to see Brennon and Ryan as much
10. the news stories you're paying attention to Just because it's all over the news right now... I've been reading about the Senator in Boise; Larry Craig and whether or not he's going to resign.
11. what you're reading right now A Prayer For Owen Meany ( the movie Simon Birch was based on this book. It is so witty and well written )
12. what you're looking forward to right now I'm looking forward to getting my hair trimmed later this afternoon, and then going to pick up Bren and Ryan for a sleepover tonight.. Yahoooo !! I am also very excited (and jealous ) that my mom and dad are heading to Italy in a few weeks. The NEED and DESERVE this time off and time together. I hope they have the best and most romantic time.
13. a thought or idea you keep returning to right now: thinking ( and trying not to obsess )about getting pregnant again.
14. one small thing that makes you happy right now Thinking about having an extra day ( Monday, Memorial Day) to do crafts all day long

TAGGED... Since lately, Kari is the only one who comments on my blog... I tag HER to do this on her blog !!

Comments

Ashley said…
Hey there, I saw your comment on my necklace giveaway post and I have a question for you. Will you email me? ashleywcarter@hotmail.com
Thanks! Ashley
Anonymous said…
I read your comment on Sarah's blog today... I had to check out another "lyrical soul!" I can't get enough of Sarah, she's always inspirational.
Yes, please write! I appreciated what you had to say about our desire to be understood and validated (my paraphrase), but yet needing to write for ourselves. I was just thinking about that this morning... WHY do I blog? I find that it's a means of processing my own thoughts. My brain is in overdrive most of the time, and there is something about journaling/blogging that somehow helps me clarify those thoughts, helps me SETTLE. But then when those words are "out there," it's kind of frightening to wonder, "will people get it? Will they understand? Will they throw me a little grace?" If we could all come to a place where we are comfortable in our own skins, everyone around us would reap the benefits! So, "you go, girl!" :)

I enjoyed looking around for a bit... I have GOT to get my grocery list done and get out the door to Kroger, so I'll have to come back.
BTW, your post on "when I was a kid..." top tv shows was a "blast from the past," it gave me a giggle. We must be about the same age!
Look forward to more visits...
Jen
Kari said…
Okay ... I'll get to that very soon :) Gotta come up with some good ones!