Cameras & Photos




I have been looking at a lot of photos lately. I'm so grateful for that form of memory saving. I have a huge plastic tub full, not to mention many photo albums, of years and years of pictures and they are so irreplaceable to me. The mind eventually/sometimes goes, but at least we have something tangible to look back on. I'm so happy Josh loves photography and is so talented at it. He has such a great eye. We probably have more pictures of nature in our photo albums then Ansel Adams, but he has shown me so much beauty. ( the picture up top is an old vintage camera I bought Josh for Christmas last year. It doesn't work of course, but it looks cool in the house and he appreciates the " thought " of it because he DOES love photography. I love the old case it came in. Now I just need to get him to take more pictures of " people " !!
My grandpa Laney had an old Kodak camera that he adored and used for many years. After he passed away, it was given to me. I haven't yet, but one day soon, get the appropriate film for it and play around. ( I hope it still works ) I'm sure it would take awesome black and whites. But he had all his film developed onto slides. Grandmas closet at home is full of boxes and boxes of slides. I remember when I was young, we'd pull out the screen and projector and look at them. I have many of them from when I was a little girl, and pictures of Grandpa dancing w/ my Grandma with a mop in his hand while cleaning the floors at church, or of him working on his blue Mustang...I will put some of these pictures up on the blog soon. They are so great to look back on.
How priceless my photos are to me.

Comments