Expression

I got an email from my cousin Laura ( who has the MOST gorgeous and perfect porcelain skin by the way. ) the other day. She mentioned something about my writing and as the day went on... I thought more and more about it. I was blown away by the fact that it had been a few YEARS since I had jotted any thoughts down. ( other then in my journal. I have a separate book for my poetry ). So I went home and grabbed ( and dusted off ) the brown leather book off my nightstand. As I read through my pieces it made me miss that creative part of myself. And yeah, I'm creative when I do my crafts, but writing is a little different to me. Expressing myself through words has really gotten me through some hard times in my life over the years. And the beauty of writing is that it doesn't have to make sense to anyone else but you. Those thoughts are owned by you and you alone. I'm kind of weird about my writing and I don't share it with a lot of people. It's such a personal thing to me. Josh, I think, has literally read maybe one piece when we first started dating and that's it. But I made a promise to myself that I would start to write again and more often. It really does do something to my psyche. It calms me down and really makes me appreciate the little things in life because I'm focusing more on them.
I also started a new journal . I have, over the years had many. I started this as a young girl. My Grandma Laney has been the best example to me of documenting ones life . She has so many glorious journals filled with details of her life. Luckily, those will be given to my mom in time, and I know she will ( and hopefully I will be able to ) treasure those for years to come. So again, I made a promise to myself , to Josh, and our future children , that I would document my life. I think that is such a wonderful gift to leave your family. Some people go through life never really letting others "in". Maybe they are too shy or have hidden secrets or never been able to show others their true selves. And these journals could be a way to let all that out. I guess that's the romantic in me. To me, that is such a delicious thought. For some reason, I think it's so romantic to go through life having at least one secret that either no one else knows about or that you share with only one other person. I read a quote once that said "A woman's heart is a deep ocean of secrets " .. so beautiful .. and so true.
So... if my posts or emails ever seem too long to you.. ( because they do to my husband.. but then again, he doesn't like to read much of anything unless it's a travel book w/ maps in it ), I apologize. I honestly can't help it. Once I start, it's hard to stop. Here is a quote about writing I found several years ago that I just love... " I am the creature of my pen... My pen is the best part of me "

Comments