Mothers Day...
















I had such a great FIRST Mothers Day !! As I mentioned before, Josh's gift to me was flying my best friend Amy out from Denver to see me for the weekend. She got in on Friday night. We all went to dinner at Wasatch Brewery and then Amy and I stayed up late that night gabbing and giggling. The next morning, Josh sent us off to have a girls day ( while he very excitedly had the house to himself to watch the golf tournament all day ). We started off w/ a great lunch of Caterpillar and Spider rolls at a yummy sushi place. Then it was off to get our pedicures. They were so nice and relaxing. We did some shopping and then got some take out and headed back home to watch a movie and hang out w/ Josh. Unfortunately on Sunday I was feeling pretty " pregnant " and didn't have a lot of energy to do much of anything, but we did manage to make some pumpkin chocolate cookies for Amy to take on the plane back home w/ her. She left that evening and we were sad to see her go. She is such a great friend to me and I miss not living closer to her. So, thanks to Amy for coming out.

I also got some great maternity clothes from my mom so that was a nice surprise as well. They are coming in handy as the belly is growin'.... :) Mom and I have been through a lot but one thing I know about family is that when you really love each other, you ALWAYS get through the rough times. She's a good mom and she loves her kids. There is never any question about that. She is a wonderful Grandma to Brennon and she and dad are soooo excited about our new baby coming in October... Gracie OR Noah will be spoiled and very much loved !! So happy mothers day to my mom too and to Josh's mom who has never been anything but sweet to me. It makes me happy that I feel close enough to send her cards and call her on the phone w/ out Josh around. I consider her a friend and love to have long talks w/ her about her life and childhood. She's a strong woman and raised her two boys all on her own. Josh and I are lucky to have such great families.

And... thank you to my adorable husband for making my first mothers day something to remember. Josh found me such a sweet card that played Louis Armstrong's " What a Wonderful World " when you opened it and talked about how excited he is for our little addition to come to our family... What a sweetheart... I love you Josh !! " My " world certainly is wonderful !!

Comments