My relationship with B & R ...

























Friday evening started off good. I picked up the boys after work. We were all so excited to see each other. Lisa said Brennon kept asking when Aunt Debbie was going to call and told her that he wanted to live with me forever and that she could come visit us ( Hee hee-kids are funny ). He also said he doesn't get to see me as much as he wants to... So we need to do something about that because I agree Brennon !! We headed back to Heber thinking Josh would be home waiting for us w/ the pizza and movie. However he wasn't answering his phone and when I got home at 8, he still wasn't there. For those of you who know me, you know I'm a worrier. BIG TIME !! And I'm still a little sensitive to say the least. So.. I get the kids in the house and give them some fresh cantaloupe to munch on while I try to track down my husband. ( all the while, fighting back the tears so I don't scare the kids ) Finally, around 8:30 Josh calls me and profusely apologizes for being late. He was training some seasonals at their base camp and Josh had to hike about 10 miles out. Then drive an hour back to the office , NOT having cell service until he reached his office. My imagination runs wild anyway.. Josh is NEVER late for anything and we always check in with each other so we know when to expect the other one. The thought of something happening to him just put me over the edge.I lost it to say the least. Not "mad " lost it.. " crying " lost it. But got myself under control and took the kids to pick out the movie and get dinner. We all hugged uncle Josh when he got home and had a great rest of the evening. Brennon calls Josh " Joshy " and runs and jumps up on him every time he sees him. Ryan swore he didn't like Pepperoni, but then realized he had never tried it ( he has actually many times but apparently has blocked it from his memory ). Then he said " Wait..if I've never had it, how do I know I don't like it ". And then proceeded to stuff his face with two pieces ! They informed me that they are "Bored" with Happy Feet, so we got Bridge to Tarabithia. It was really cute and held their attention. How cute are these guys ? I asked Bren if he was comfortable and he said yes... too funny. After reading some stories, we hit the sack.. and this is why I STOPPED sleeping with them ( all night long that is. I lay with them until they fall asleep, but then get the heck out of there before I get 20 toes in my face . Which they think is totally hilarious when I tell them they put their feet in my face when we all sleep together. )


The next morning we all got up and Josh made us pancakes, sausage and eggs. YUM ! He had to go to work, so the kids and I had a busy morning with baths, taking pictures, cleaning up our messes and getting ready for Shrek 3. They cooperated with me and took some really cute shots even though it was so HOT outside. I was sad to take them home, as were they. Brennon just could not understand why he couldn't live with me. Believe me, I'd take ya if I could, but you have a mommy who would be sad without you !!








They sure put a smile on my face. I love every minute I have with Bren and Ry.

Comments