5 Years from 40.. WHAO !!

Yesterday was my birthday... 35... I can't believe it. But... in all honesty... I feel pretty good about things. I used to think 35 was so old.. but I'm feelin' pretty good about the way things are. I have the best husband, a great supportive family, amazing friends, we own a cute little house, I have the cutest and funniest little nephew in the world, I have Gracie in my heart who's watching over her mom and dad and I just really have a lot to be grateful for.
Since I was off work last week, my birthday present from Josh was letting me run free and crazy through the craft store. I was there literally for about 2 hours. Just taking my time walking up and down the newly remodeled aisles, eyes wide, looking at all the new materials. I found the perfect paper for my thank you cards, and tons of other little gadgets and trinkets. Josh knew I had just returned from heaven when I walked through the door of our house with a little smile on my face, excited to show him my collection. ( and like a good husband, he looked at everything... all the while missing his golf just for me. What a cutie ). The girls at work took me to lunch yesterday to such a lovely little cafe. I had a delicious grilled veggie sandwich.. Good AND healthy !! They also surprised me with the DVD "Somethings Gatta Give " ( with my favorite: Diane Keaton ) It's such a cute show... Go rent it !! After work I just didn't feel like going out to eat so we snacked at home and then went to get an ice cream cone. Then we watched the chick flick. And to my surprise.. Josh actually laughed and liked it.. Amazing !! And he now understands why I like it so much. It is FULL of French music, parts of the movie take place in Paris, and she has a gorgeous home on the beach decorated just the way I would have my dream house :)
It was a nice quiet evening at home which is just what I wanted. OH.. and I got the cutest card from Josh...So sweet and to be added to our memory box full of love letters !
My life is good. Not always easy, but I'd be selfish if I didn't acknowledge the good stuff...
PS. Thanks to all for the great birthday cards, birthday call wishes and sweet thoughts in general. I appreciate them so much...

Comments