Good Mornin'...











After a very restless night of sleep for me ( and Josh since my knee was in his back all night )... I am having a much better morning... what could be better then homemade blueberry coffee cake w/ coconut crumb topping ( made by ME ), fresh cantaloupe and pineapple, a warm drink to wash it all down... and the lovely Billie Holiday playing on my computer. Great way to start the day here at the office :)

Josh had an upsetting day yesterday.
He planted the tomato plants on Sunday and woke up to a frozen ground yesterday morning. Luckily, he only spent $20 on those plants and he put all the pepper plants in the house so those were saved ( I'm really happy about that because for the first time in two years, we were able to find the delicious banana peppers :) ) ( by the way, Josh makes the BEST stuffed spicy sausage banana pepper dish w/ a tomato sauce.. it is to DIE for.. I'll send the recipe out to all. It takes forEVER to make, but so worth it ) . So it looks like we'll be starting over w/ the tomatoes. Bummer !! But, we'll get there and probably have more tomatoes this summer then we can handle. He bought some plastic wrap ( I'm sure it's more sophisticated then that, but that's what it looks like to me ) and some PVC pipe and has made a little greenhouse, so to speak, to help us have a longer growing season. He really is so good at all this. It makes me happy to see ( and taste ) the fruits of his labor. I mentioned before that the garden was huge this year, but I was out there w/ him the other day and it's actually smaller then last years. So he had to add another section for the peppers and a place to plant the carrots. We are also going to buy some fruit trees to plant in the back. That will be fun !! I also want to get some lilac trees. I love the way they smell and the shades of purple are so pretty. So, little by little, we'll have a really nice back yard. Josh wants to build a deck and do a little rock garden as well.

I am obsessed lately w/ the scent of raspberries. While Amy was here this weekend she gave me a little mothers day present. It was some homemade raspberry soap, oil perfume and bath salt scrub. I have always been all about smelling good ( you should see my lotion supply, and every time my dad comes to visit he always says " Don't you have any NORMAL smelling soap.. as in Dial or whatever brands there are out there :) )...and w/ the weather getting warm, I have been dabbing myself w/ this luscious scent since she left. Smelling good makes me feel pretty !! :)

Comments