I Got A Pickle, I Got A Pickle....













.... I got a pickle hey hey hey hey !! ( song from Little Rascles )

I woke up this weekend ( early I might add ) to Josh standing outside our bedroom window with a bowl full of cucumbers. He said " Deb... look at all these cucumbers ". At 6:30 in the morning, I was not impressed. A few hours later, I woke up to our house smelling very strongly of DILL ( which is fresh from the garden as well ) !! I went out to the kitchen to find Josh busy at work canning jars of pickles :) This guy cracks me up! ( this isn't the first time he's made me pickles ) but it never fails to amuse me how excited he gets. He HATES pickles !! But he makes them because I LOVE them. Now, tell me that ain't love !! The first batch only got us 6 jars. And they have to sit for 8 weeks and cure before we, I mean, I can eat them. But I'm sure he'll be making tons more when we get back from McCall. The garden is seriously producing more then we can handle. On average, Josh is picking about 30 squash and zucchini a day. And even more peppers. The tomatoes are starting to come up too. Crazy ! We need to go to a farmers market and make some money off our goods :) I would love to sell stuff at a Farmers Market by the way. How very deliciously granola !!

Comments

Kari said…
What a good husband! Who doesn't like pickles?! My girlies love it when I give them pickles with lunch!