Belated Fathers Day....


Today is a two post day... I'm not adding this one because I forgot about my dad on Father's Day.. oh contrair monfrair... I sent him a little something, made a cute card and called. I would never forget about a family members special day... But what I DID forget to do was publicly give a shout out to my dad. Bruce Kramer.. or as Josh and I like to call him.. Chevy Chases long lost twin brother. One of these days I will post pictures of the two so you know exactly what I'm talking about. Twins I tell ya.. brothers from anotha motha... especially the way my dad looked in the 70's.
Anyway.. my mom married Bruce ( Dad ) when I was about 4. We moved to Idaho and he has shown us a great life ever since then. I remember the first time I saw him. I was playing w/ blocks on the floor of my Grandma and Grandpa Laney's house when all of a sudden this hippy with long hair and a leather jacket walked in. And I remember thinking... WHO is this guy ?

But he has turned out to be my DAD !! I couldn't think more highly of him then I do. He is such a good provider for his family and is always there for us when we need him. He has taught us so much that has helped in my adult life as well. Even the little things.. like when I would forget to turn a light off. He would make me walk back upstairs and turn it off to save on the electricity... NOW.. I actually tell Josh to turn the lights off :) or when he would tell me not to drip water on the kitchen floor because it makes marks.. NOW I have to remind Josh to use the towel :) ... He was always willing to help our neighbors or people at church whenever they needed it and never asked for anything in return. ( except respect from others ). He never judges others on the opinions he has heard of them. He gets to know someone and judges that person on their own merits. The older he gets the more sentimental he becomes and calls me just to say hi or tell me how sweet I am. He is a great grandpa to Brennon and talks to little kids like they are little adults. It always makes them feel special. He is very handy around the house and does most of the upgrading projects himself. He's very intelligent.. and gets most of the questions on Jeopardy right :) He has a crush on Meg Ryan, but my mom's not too worried about losing him to her !! He LOVES to sail and spends most of his free time on his boat. He's a great father in law to Josh and Josh really respects my dad. Josh did not grow up with a dad.. so he scored when he married me :)

Publicly... Happy Fathers Day Dad... Josh and I love you very much !!

Comments