Shootin' the breeze...

Nothing major to report.
After sitting in the sun for a bit on Saturday and Sunday afternoon on my new lawn chair ( LOVE IT... it's the PVC pipe tri-fold plastic lawn chair that was the "big thing" in the 70's. I looked everywhere for one to bring me back to my childhood and finally found it at Rite Aid for $10 !! Yahoooo... I was seriously so happy about that purchase. :) ) But back to my story.. it was in the 80's this last weekend and now today in Park City, it's freakin' SNOWING !! What the.... ? Anyway.. it's supposed to warm up again later this week. Crazy Utah weather for you. But Josh of course is annoyed because of the garden. We are starting to see our peas and cucumbers come up.. but they may have frozen last night as well. I'm sure I'll get a full update when I go home tonight. ( Josh has the day off and I know he's working in the garden today ) Hopefully they are small enough to not do too much damage.
We had another Dr. appt. yesterday to which I was REALLY hoping we'd be able to tell the sex of the baby. I'm a little over 17 weeks ( and a tad bit anxious to say the least ) but Tina ( my midwife ) told me I'd have to wait for another 2 weeks. BUMMER !! We did hear the heartbeat though.. which took her forEVER to find. I was starting to get nervous ( Hi... I'm Nervous Nelly.. what's your name ). She finally found our "large onion" behind the placenta. ( that's how big the baby is right now and she said the placenta is bigger then the baby and hiding it ). Over the next two weeks the baby is supposed to have a huge growth spurt. ( and I gatta tell ya, my stomach is MUCH bigger then a large onion. ( belly picture coming soon for all who care :).. and for someone who has had a very flat stomach her whole life ( ME )... looking down and seeing a basketball sized stomach is quite a shock ) But anyway.. good to know the baby is growing. We hope and pray all the time that everything will be okay and the baby will be healthy. They also took some blood yesterday to do the tests for Down Syndrome and other birth defects. I really didn't want to do it because I've heard so many horror stories about false positives ( and those who know me, know I worry enough for a small army ), but my midwife said if she was 34, having a baby, she would do it. So we did. Keep our baby in your prayers !! :) We are very excited to find out if we'll have a girl or boy. We have the boy name nailed down but now we are going back and forth on the girl names. We can't decide if we want Gracie Savannah or Georgia Skye ( Josh's pick for a middle name.. not mine but it's better then Summer Skye which was his first choice... I sure married a hippy :) ).
So tell me what you like best between Gracie and Georgia and maybe that will help us decide !!

Comments