San Fransisco

We're still here.. I've been consumed lately w/ other things then the blog... sorry.
Anywhooooo... Josh and I had the absolute best time in San Fran ( actually our friends live in San Carlos, but we made the rounds ). And I DO have pictures to add to this blob entry, however; they are home. I bugged and bugged Josh to get them downloaded from his camera to the computer.. and now I'm being the lazy one when it comes to getting them up. So I will do that soon. I promise !!
Jeff and Nancy were the best hosts. Their house, of course has the best view ( and the BEST guest bedroom bed... VERY comfy !! ) and is filled w/ windows. It was so relaxing to sit in the front room w/ the windows open and the breeze coming in looking out at the city. Ahhhh... so nice. We took a tour of Alcatraz which was probably our favorite part of the trip. What a neat place. It also has a very eerie feeling to it though. Everyone had their own set of headphones and a recorder so we could go at our own pace. The narrators were 4 of the original guards AND 4 ( I think ) of the original prisoners. It was very detailed w/ quite a bit of information, along w/ sound effects.( plates being broken in the kitchen, the prisoners attacking the guards, people being stabbed.. yeah.. that was pleasant to hear. As if I'm not nauseous enough ). I could not believe how tiny those cells were. And the pictures of the " well known " inmates were so scary looking. Pretty evil looking men. Some of the inmates were able to have jobs and we found out the most desirable one was working in the gardens. You could tell they were really beautiful at one time. There still were gorgeous flowers out there. It was such a great experience. We took the fairy over and just had a great day.
We took a little hike in Ano Nuevo State Park down to the beach and were able to see about 150 Elephant Seals one day. Those things were so huge and blubbery. What awesome creatures. Most of them were being lazy lying there throwing sand on themselves, but a couple of the males were going at it... fighting that is !! Such male egos !!
They took us around to some gorgeous vineyards and THEY did some wine tasting. I had some sparkling lemonade that tasted GRRREAT ! I couldn't believe the views looking over the Valleys. So pretty. I love looking at rows and rows of vines w/ their green color and rolling hills. I was surprised Josh didn't buy any wine, he WAS on vacation after all, but he refrained. ( I think he's saving his money for diapers !! ) The day was beautiful and the weather was in the 80's. Perfect day.
We ate at some great restaurants, but definitely enjoyed Nancy's cooking by far. She is such a great cook !! Since being pregnant, I have not cooked at ALL ! And I love to cook, but for the last almost 4 months, my darling husband has been feeding me. I'm hoping I get back into it because I do miss it. Cooking relaxes me, but now a days, smells are really getting to me.
Nancy and I had some great talks in the evening when the guys were doing their thing. She also did a very cool thing called Ear coning. It's special long coned piece of wax that you stick in your ear and let burn down ( w/ supervision of course ) and it actually takes all the toxins out of your ear. It was the coolest thing. Luckily my ears didn't have too much "crap " in them, but she told me some stories that sounded rather... gross :) It was so relaxing w/ the breeze coming in and her rubbing my head. It fixed the headache I had that day too. Pretty nice. She also read my Taro cards one evening. I won't get into all the specifics because some of it was pretty personal, ( but all good news ) but I will just say that we BOTH had our jaws dropped w/ how dead on correct most of the reading was. She told me that I have an excellent relationship w/ my husband and that we communicate very well and that he is very protective of me and the baby in da' belly. I will tell you the first card she pulled was a picture of a pregnant woman !! Good start !
They are such dear friends to us and it was just the best time, so Josh and I really thank them for spending time w/ us and we can't wait to go back. I will get the pictures Josh took up here as soon as I can. But I better end this now. I could go on and on about more stuff but my husband keeps telling me that I write too much on these blogs and that NO ONE can possibly read them all. ( I think it's HIS attention span that is the problem ) Until then... happy warm days... It's supposed to be in the 80's here this weekend.. YAhooooooooooooooooooooo

Comments