Memory Lane... Part Two...The Redwoods








Our anniversary is this weekend. This will be the first weekend we have done anything "camping/hiking" related since February !! Actually, the first thing we have done just the two of us in MONTHS !! So, I am very excited to spend some one on one time with my husband. It has been a very busy/hard/slow at times/lonely/frustrating/good/every emotion you can think of, summer for us in the Jurgensen house, so we are looking forward to some Deb and Josh time for sure !!

But as we get ready for our weekend getaway, it got me thinking about our honeymoon (again, with the anniversary coming up I've been thinking about our last year and of course the wedding and honeymoon) so I thought I'd share some more pictures from the honeymoon.) We spent a day driving through The Redwoods... and if you haven't been, you've got to put it on your list. These trees are gorgeous and bigger then you could ever imagine in your mind. I'm a shorty to begin with (5'1) but I felt like a tiny little ant looking up at those trees. That forest is majestic ! It has a history and stories of old and if only those trees could speak. I'm sure they have seen much. (sorry, most of these pictures have just me in them. Josh usually holds the digital camera when we are off doing things because he is a much better photographer then I am, and I still use my regular old camera that takes FILM and I haven't gotten my honeymoon pictures developed yet. Those pictures contain pictures of Josh. I actually did NOT go on this honeymoon by myself... hee hee) We had the best time EVER !

Comments

Kari said…
Those pics are gorgeous!! Looks like a beautiful place to visit :) Hooray for the upcoming anniversary ... and many more to come! We celebrated 10 this year in March and are looking forward to our first "real" vacation without kids (longer than a short weekend or overnighter) EVER in June - 10 days in Hawaii!!!!!
Anonymous said…
Boy, you ARE a "shorty!" :) Let's say "petite," shall we?

I'm going to go read some of your other posts... where does the time go? I don't get to keep up with everyone like I want to. So, I'm playing catch-up tonight, at least a little.

I wonder if I'll ever get all that way to see the Redwoods. Your pictures are incredible! I hope y'all have a very special time together, remembering who you are together. Happy anniversary!
Jen
love.boxes said…
Great pictures. I've always wanted to see the redwoods. Beautiful.