Lofton & Heidi Wiley



I've been thinking about good friends lately. Josh and I are lucky to have many in our lives. But unfortunately, they are spread all over the country, so we don't get to see them as much as we'd like. Lofton and Heidi have been on my mind quite a bit the last couple of weeks. I met them shortly after I met Josh. And I loved them from the start. Josh has known them for six years. They all met down at the Grand Canyon where they were working for the Parks Service. They are 4-5 hours from us now as they are living down at Natural Bridges National Park (close to the Lake Powell area). Lofton is law enforcement down there. So we try to get down as often as we can, or they come up to see us. We haven't seen them since February when we went down for the Superbowl party at their house so we are really missing them. Especially Josh. They are such a great couple. Heidi has the most gorgeous porcelain skin and Lofton has eyes to die for. They are "hold your stomach, doubled over laughing " hilarious and the way Lofton makes my husband laugh... makes me adore him even more. He teases Josh mercilessly and Josh takes it because he's too busy laughing to be mad. Their friendship and loyalty to Josh never falters. They have been there for him during some very hard times. As a wife, who loves her husband, this means a lot to me.

Lofton's mom has been diagnosed as being terminally ill. (I don't know the details yet. I didn't want to pry when he was so upset. It has been very hard on him. My heart aches for him. Josh and I both wish we lived closer so we could do more. Even something as small as inviting him over for dinner. And it's especially hard on him because Heidi is working back at the Grand Canyon, where she is 3 hours from her husband. She comes home on her days off, which used to be for about a week at a time, but now they are only seeing each other for about 3 days every two weeks. It won't always be this way though. I think Lofton is going to try to go back to the Grand Canyon, but for now... it's hard on both of them. They have a wonderful relationship and I'm sure being away from each other so much has made them appreciate each other that much more.

Anyway, the whole point of this post was to just shine the light on our good friends Lofton and Heidi. And to say how sorry we were to hear about your mom. You are in our thoughts and prayers... and we love you both very much !! It's not often that amazing, life long friends like you come along.

Comments

Kari said…
What a treasure good friends are ... we count on them in different ways at different times in our lives. I will keep Lofton's mom in my prayers as well.