The Giving Tree


(My favorite: A Weeping Willow Tree)




This weekend, Josh and I received a card from my dad's 4 siblings and their spouses (Ken & Ann, Paula & Nick, Merle & Scott, & MaryBeth & Tim) and enclosed in this lovely card was also a check. The money is for us to go pick out a tree and plant in Gracie's memory... There really are no words to describe what this means to us. Not a day goes by where both of us don't quietly think of our baby, but in the spring, we will have something tangible. Something living and growing. It's metaphoric! It is more to us then just watching a tree grow. And how fitting, that we have the perfect rock to place underneath the tree as it matures. We will have "Gracie's Tree" engraved on it. We are beyond touched... and grateful.

So on Sunday, I sat down to make thank you cards for each of them. This is what I came up with. (2 of each color)

But I wanted to publicly say "Thank You" to our family members for being so thoughtful and sweet. I've never in my life seen a more loving gesture.

We love you...

Comments

Carolyn Hansen said…
That is the sweetest gesture I've heard in a great while! You'll never want to move once to plant Gracie's tree!
Sarah Markley said…
This is beautiful. Your heart is evident in your words. Keep writing. Thank you for sharing all of this.
Mari said…
What a sweet thing they did. It will be really nice for you to have a tangible thing to remember Grace with.
Kari said…
What a treasure that will be! An Incredibly heartfelt gesture for you to remember your sweet baby girl.
Kari said…
P.S. Your cards are gorgeous, too ;)