Eva Cassidy




If you have not heard of Eva Cassidy, I strongly urge you to check her out. She has the voice of an angel one minute and then can belt out the next tune with such power. She is truly amazing. Her music ranges from Jazz to Blues, to Gospel and pop but she was virtually unknown for the better part of her singing career; Just the way she wanted it. She has been quoted as saying she just wants to sing the songs and not have to deal with all the publicity. She was a very natural, uncomplicated woman who loved nature and the simple life. (from what I've read of course). Sadly, she died in 1996 from cancer. And it was after her death that she really became noticed and her records (that other people put together on her behalf) sold like crazy. We have a couple of her albums and play them all the time. She certainly has a way of touching the hearts and souls of others. I have a couple of her songs in my list of songs (to the left). There are just too many to list. They are all wonderful.

So if you're headin' to Borders or Barnes & Noble this week and feel like some new tunes, I suggest Eva Cassidy. All the albums are great, but I think my favorite is the Live from Blues Alley.

Enjoy...

Comments

Anonymous said…
Just had to say...
I love her Songbird CD. I play it downstairs when I'm cooking on rainy days... it fits a mellow mood, I think. I love her version of Fields of Gold.
Kari said…
I'll have to check it out ... I'm always looking for something new - to offset the fact I have to listen to High School Musical and Hannah Montana constantly!
Carolyn Hansen said…
I will have to check her out. I could use some variety in my listening. Thanks for the idea.