More Differences ( Men & Women )



So... Josh got a call from one of his best friends, Mat last night. He has known Mat since elementary school. I had a feeling what the "excitement" was all about because Mat had emailed me earlier in the day asking for Josh's new phone number. Mat has been dating Amy for a little over a year now. So I knew that he had proposed to her. But I didn't say anything to him of course. I didn't want to steal the thunder of his announcement. Mat is the last of the guys to get married so we're all really happy for him !!

So when I got home, Josh was on the phone with Mat. After they hung up... here is how the conversation between Josh and I (me?) went:

Deb: So is Mat engaged ?
Josh: Yep
Deb: When are they getting married?
Josh: Next year
Deb: Where?
Josh: I don't know
Deb: Where did he ask her?
Josh: At a winery (vineyard)
Deb: How did he ask her?
Josh: I don't know. That's girl stuff

WHAT ? NO DETAILS ? Come on !!

Comments

Sarah Markley said…
Most men don't care about this ("Call me when its time to get a tux"). My husband is totally like this. But funny, he notices things other guys don't (when people change their hairstyle, stuff like that) and he doesn't watch sports. Not really a typical man =)!
Kari said…
I get the same type of info whenever Steve is the one to get the phone call when someone has a baby ...
Me: What did they have (if I don't already know)?
Steve: A boy (or girl).
Me: How big?
Steve: I don't know.
Me: What time?
Steve: I forgot to ask.
Me: Do they have a name picked out?
Steve: You'll have to call them back and ask.

Don't answer the phone next time and let them leave a message!! I'll get more info on my machine than I will from you!
Unknown said…
I agree. This same thing happens between me and my husband. I usually have to call the person back to get all the details. It's funny that girls are into knowing the full re-play of events and guys don't ask questions.
Anonymous said…
That's such a perfect example! I'm just surprised that Mat even called Josh to begin with. Those guys. :)