Barns





I have loved old barns since I was little. I don't really know what my fascination with them is, but whenever Josh and I are out hiking or on a road trip, I either take the picture of have him take one if we see a lovely barn. And with the weather changing and getting chillier, it makes me think of a time when I was younger and we had a Halloween/Fall activity at church. We went to someones farm and had hayrides, and bobbed for apples and had face painting and a bonfire and tons of yummy food all set up inside the barn. It was cold, and all the kids were wrapped up with hats and gloves, but we didn't care. The crisp air took our breath away and the smell of apple cider and warm food made us feel safe. Growing up (until the 8th grade) in Boise gave me the BEST childhood. I have so many wonderful memories from living there. I still talk to my very best friend that I met when I was 5 years old living in Boise. We are still friends... 30 years later ! I got this barn book years ago and had it on my coffee table for the longest time. The photos in it are beautiful and just make me admire barns even more. I like to think of the history and what people did in them. How they ran their farms. What they might have built and made with their own hard working hands. How many baby animals were born in the straw filled corrals ? And how the kids must have played and jumped in the tall hay stacks. My imagination could go and on with ideas. Bottom line... I LOVE BARNS !

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey, I think the same things when I see old barns... what were the people like who built it? What were their hopes for their land and family? What were the children like?
Beautiful pictures.
Oh, and I "ranted" a bit down below... Just felt the need! :) We also seem to share the same thoughts on EARPHONE USE! :)
Kari said…
More of the "romantic" in you ;)