Must Go....



I'll post something happy a little later to end my Friday on a positive note, but I just have to vent for a minute. (And I'll probably offend quite a few people by saying this because I happen to know people who do this, but still... It's annoying! Love ya !! )

Okay... I know that using these phone headsets are very convenient and much safer when you're in the car...or when you're carrying a bunch of stuff and just HAVE to take that call... and that is FINE... but (for instance, the broker in my office) when you're in the office walking around talking to people... take the phone off your ear... you're with HUMANS now !! It's not an accessory to your wordrobe. It should not be worn as a third earring. Or to push your long hair behind your ear to look fashionable. Take it off. Look the person you're talking to in the eye and show them some respect and consideration.

Comments

love.boxes said…
hilarious... I feel that way about those tiny phones that stick in peoples ears. If you're trying to talk with them.. you never know if they're on the phone with another person and if they are on the phone and you see them from the non-phone side.. they look insane.
Anonymous said…
Okay, I will vent, too.
I cannot STAND it when people breeze past me in the grocery store, or at Walmart, or whatever, talking to NO ONE, evidently... only, it is someone. Someone on their tiny little annoying earphone. It's like I'm invisible. I know we are strangers, I know we wouldn't have a conversation, but please, ever hear of respect? Smiling? Acknowledgement of other human beings in the vicinity?
And I think there are also appropriate and inappropriate uses of cell phones, too. I sat by a woman at Wolf camera while we both had pictures developed and she talked, in a normal tone of voice, into her tiny little phone, the whole time. Completely annoying, and I think a little bit "look at me-ish" if you want to know the whole truth. But I think I've said way more than enough now, so I'll hush!
All I'm sayin' is...
Technology cuts both ways.

There, done. I will now step off my soapbox.