Weekend In Boise...


Doesn't get much better then this


Mom enjoying a Gelato in Italy


Josh and I had a great time in Boise this weekend. I decided to take the whole day off on Friday so we could leave that morning. We had to come back Sunday afternoon, so we wanted to spend as much time as possible with everyone. We were so excited to see mom and dad. We hadn't seen them since our wedding. ( over a year ago)... and of course we were going to have a few days with Brennon and Ryan too !! Mom and dad had NO idea that I was pregnant. We waited longer this time to tell people for obvious reasons, and then we thought, well if we are going to see them in January, it would be so fun to tell them in person. Plus, it was their 31st anniversary, so what better present to give them ? When we walked in I had a late birthday present for dad in my hand and my coat over my already big belly. We hugged and I handed her the present and said " this is for Dad's late birthday present. She was admiring the cute wrapping paper and placing it on the table. And then I said " And THIS is for your anniversary " and proceeded to move my coat so she could see the belly. She stood there stunned with her hands on her face and started to cry. She said " Oh my gosh... are you really pregnant Debbie?" She hugged me and rubbed the belly and couldn't believe that I had waited four months to tell my own mother that I was pregnant again. She yelled for my Dad to come upstairs and he couldn't believe it either. It was such a great moment and everyone there was so excited. Trust me, it was very hard to not tell my mom about the baby. We talk all the time and every conversation she would ask " Are you worried about not getting pregnant again?" or "it will happen when the time is right"... etc.. etc... etc... and I would say "I know it will or I'm not too worried ". All the while, I was sitting there pregnant !! But the look on mom and dad's face was priceless. Mom said it was the best anniversary present !! ( other then seeing Brennon because that is why they chose to fly out to Boise for their anniversary). And speaking of Brennon...

That kid is GORGEOUS and everyone just adores him.He is the sweetest little boy with the best sense of humor. We got to spend time with him and Ryan and it was so fun. We had one sleepover with Bren while we were there, but mom and dad are having some more this week. We took lots of pictures of the kids so I'll be sure to put some up once Josh downloads them (we just got a new camera and I haven't a clue how to do it). (For now, here are some cute pictures of my mom and dad's trip to Italy last September). I wish the weekend could have lasted longer. But knowing they will be out in June for the baby made it easier. Mom instructed me to let her know as soon as possible what the sex of the baby is so she could start buying STUFF !!

We should be able to find out in 2 weeks if Gracie has sent a brother or sister !! Everything so far has gone so smoothly with this little one. I have been getting my white blood cells counted every Dr. visit and so far they are remaining at normal levels (they were high w/ Gracie because of the infection). I've been sick pretty much every morning, but not as sick as last time. I've only gained 2 pounds so far, but then the last visit, I had lost those two pounds, so I guess I need to be eating a little more. I'm wearing the cutest maternity clothes already. The belly is a lot bigger at 4 months then I was w/ Gracie. We are so excited and just pray all the time that everything goes well. We seem to be on our way... but being the nervous Nelly that I am I always stress in between Dr. visits. She is so good to us though. She always pulls out the Doppler and the screen so we can see the baby moving around. And move around he/she does. This is definitely Josh's kid because it seems to NOT be able to sit still. I have a feeling when I can actually feel it moving, it's going to be keeping me awake at night with all the kicking and stretching. But it sure does melt your heart when you see you little one moving around and looking so cute. Hopefully we're able to find out in 2 weeks at the appt. if it's a girl or boy. We are so excited !! We bought Diapers and wipes the other day at Costco... to start saving up. That was fun... and a little surreal. I just need to stay positive about things and take it one day at a time. It's scary when you have something happen like last time with Gracie. Every little twinge in my stomach makes me worry. But I know Gracie is doing well and progressing and has been watching over her mom and dad this whole time. Not a day goes by where we don't think about her and miss her, but we are very happy about this little baby too. We'll keep you posted !!

Comments

Kasey said…
How could anyone beat a surprise like THAT? What a great story. Can't wait to hear if it's a boy or a girl! :)
Kari said…
I am one who always waited MUCH longer to tell anyone than most would expect (except the first time around) ... with my last 2 I didn't tell until after my ultrasounds at about 20 weeks!! It made the time go much faster for me :) Enjoy every minute of your pregnancy - I know you'll worry ... we all do ... but treasure this fun time! So glad to hear you had a wonderful weekend and you got to surprise your family in such a "big" way!!