Cravings...



When I was pregnant with Gracie I would get a craving for something and HAD to have it at that very moment. Example:

Deb Sleeping.
Deb waking up and realizing she wants a turkey sandwich.

Deb(still lying in bed): Jooooosh.... I need a turkey sandwich.
Josh: Okay, lets have that for dinner then.
Deb: NO !! I want one right NOW. Can't you just go to the store and get stuff to make a sandwich please ?
Josh (annoyed by my demanding tone but remains calm): Right now honey ? But my game is in double overtime. It only has 10 more minutes. Can you wait a little bit?
Deb: NO !! I need it right now. I have been throwing everything up and I finally found something that sounds good. Just go to the store now !!
Josh: Okay honey calm down.

Deb makes the turkey sandwich. Promptly throws it right back up and goes back to bed !!

Josh misses the final 10 minutes of a double overtime game... for his witchy wife !! Now that's love my friends !!

I'm still embarrassed by my behavior that day by the way.

BUT... with this pregnancy I have gotten cravings that I will sit on for a few days. And if I'm still craving it after a couple days, I will indulge. Right now my craving is chips and salsa. I figure...the salsa is very healthy. Just a bunch of veggies and if I'm craving chips it's better to be tortillas rather then Doritos or Sun Chips ( oh man I love Sun Chips ). So I do not feel guilty about indulging in this craving one teeny tiny bit !!

Comments

Carolyn Hansen said…
Maybe I'm pregnant too because I really want some chips and salsa too!
Kari said…
Is that an announcement, Carolyn? Deb - you should NEVER feel guilty for indulging in ANY craving while you're pregnant!!! Not that I ever considered it a license to go all out but if something is calling to you - answer!! You and your baby both deserve it :)