Help !! I Can't Sleep...


As I sit here this morning (at the office unfortunately) listening to Nora Jones trying to relax after a very restless nights sleep (for both me and Josh), I figured I might as well ask some of my friends who are mothers for some sleeping advice.

At 4 1/2 months, I feel HUGE !! (I am much bigger at 4 1/2 months now then I was w/ Gracie. I'll have Josh take some belly pictures tonight and post tomorrow). But it is already getting so hard to sleep at night. I laugh because I know I'm only going to get bigger and it's only going to get harder to be comfortable. (I'm not complaining at all. I don't complain w/ this pregnancy after what we have been through.... I'm just asking for helpful hints :) ). I have one of those lovely, soft big body pillows that is great if I'm in the bed alone, but when Josh gets in, it's too big for the two of us. So, I use regular pillows to put under my leg and one behind my back. (This is to help me not roll over on my back. You know what they say about sleeping on your back in the last two trimesters. Really so closer to delivery but to be safe, I'm trying to go from side to side at night. And yes, my hips are killing me.) Josh was fidgety last night and got out to lay on the couch and I was so happy to have the whole bed to myself for awhile. (I'm so selfish)

So... if you have any advice or helpful hints at all for sleeping soundly with a huge stomach, I would love to hear them.

Comments

Kari said…
I wish I had some great advice for you but I never got all that uncomfortable! I'm also a back sleeper and tried my best to stay on my side but failed most of the time ;) Can't wait to see the belly pics! I only took a few with Cougar and steered pretty clear with my other pregnancies because I was the size of a barn!!!