This Should Have Been Me...


I am in love w/ this dress...

Aren't these shoes to die for...



This all should have been me. I feel such a connection to the 1940's. (don't ask me why). Yes, the War was going on then too, but things were so simple back then. The clothes were beautiful, the cars were big and safe(er), the wives stayed home and raised the children and had dinner on the table when the husband got home from work (that part IS me :) ). The music was pure and silly. The dancing was, again, pure and modest. People actually had manners back then. The "bad" boy was someone who rode a motorcycle and wore a leather jacket. If only that was the description of a bad boy today. Kids played outside until dark until their mother called them in from the front porch. Nobody locked their doors. Wives always had red lipstick on. Husbands wore slippers as they read the newspaper. It's all SO romantic to me. I wonder if people would make fun of me if I started wearing clothes from the 1940's. Who cares if they did... I'd look fabulous :)

Comments

Kasey said…
YOU could totally pull off that dress, Deb!
Erin Felsheim said…
I would totally wear those shoes.