My Hero



I've been thinking about my Grandpa Laney a lot lately and how much I miss him. He was, without a doubt, the best person I've even known. He was a hard worker, a loving husband and father. He gave his time and effort and sweat to help others. He was the epitome of a good servant. He loved the Lord and dedicated his life to pleasing Him. He was the best example of what a good human being should be. He was loved and respected by so many people. I am lucky to say that Ron Laney is my grandpa. Even though he's no longer w/ us, I know he is busy up there doing the Lords work... still :)

This is a funny picture. I think it was from my mom and dad's wedding reception after the Temple. I LOVE this blue striped suit of his. My sister Audrey "cut" around the picture and put it up in her room when she was little. But it still displays his cute smile and his eyes that would disappear the bigger his smile was.

I know that Grandpa is taking care of my Gracie and Oliver for me. I wish he could have met Josh. I think they would have been great pals. And, maybe he already knows Noah. Maybe they had long talks before Noah came down to us :) That would make me really happy :)

I love you Grandpa ! I wrote this after we lost Gracie but before we lost Oliver;

My Hero

So many ways to describe you
But what comes to my mind is
True example of goodness
Always striving to be the best
You can be
The love of my grandmothers' life
Thinking of you
My memories flood
Beehives
Bread and milk
Bald head and bowed legs
So humble and sweet
Never judging anyone
Friend to all
Lending a helping hand
Words of advice
Bridget worshiped you
Still does
I know you are working hard
Looking like you did years ago
Strong and beautiful
Please take care of my Gracie
Until I can be there
You will teach my child much
This I know
Grandma writes to you every day
Longs to be with you
Soon you'll see your Eternal companion
A reunion I wish I could witness
Of all grandpas
You are mine
Something I thank my Father in Heaven for
Every day
I carry your pictures in my wallet
And feels so unbelievably proud
You are who you were meant to be
Ronald Laney
Loved by everyone who ever met you
I miss you more than you'll ever know
And I'll hold you in my heart
Forever

Comments