Third Times a Charm...

Well, when a friend of mine emailed me to ask if I was pregnant I thought about it for a minute and came to the decision to just tell everyone. I thought about Gracie and how we told everyone right away because we were just too excited about the news. Then I thought about Oliver and how I waited until I was four months along to tell everyone. When my mom found out, she said " Debbie, I have been praying that you GET pregnant. If you had told me, I could have been praying for you to have a healthy and successful pregnancy "... so she made me swear I would tell her as soon as we found out we were pregnant with our third. So... here I am at 8 weeks pregnant... telling you. I'm scared I just jinxed myself. But I figured the more people I tell, the more people can be praying for us and this little one growing in my belly. I'm not worried about having a healthy baby. Gracie and Oliver were perfectly healthy, they just came to this earth too early. My hope is that we, along with our Dr. will be able to do everything we can to keep this baby inside me until it's safe to come out. We had our first appt. on July 31 and my Dr. was very optimistic about this pregnancy. He is planning to do the cerclage at 15 weeks, which will sew up my cervix and hopefully keep junior in longer. (don't worry, I will never name a kid Josh Jr. especially if it turns out to be a girl :) ) . The DR. has me on progesterone to help with the baby, I'm taking recommended pills left and right and doing all I can. Even not complaining about throwing up at LEAST 4 times a day if not more.I go see him again on August 21st. He is going to keep a close eye on me. And while Josh and I are so excited, I think right now fear is looming over us. We don't let it consume us, but I have found that we aren't talking about "baby stuff" as much as we did with the other two. My belly is already showing which is so weird to me. But maybe by the third baby, your body just knows to start stretchin'... I told the Dr. either I'm just bloated, or I'm having twins, or I'm just getting fat in my belly area because I can't imagine I would be showing at 2 months. He said every pregnancy is different. I did go online and look at other pregnant bellies at 8 weeks and some of them were even bigger then I am, so I'm sure everyone is different. I don't mind the big belly. I love my maternity clothes :). The Dr. doesn't seem to think I'll need much bed rest after the cerclage, ( like I said, he's hopeful this is going to work. But we shall see. I think I may put myself on bedrest the further along I get. I'm too scared something will happen. I'm going to be very careful because with our history, you never know what could happen. I can tell my walls are up, but can you blame me. I talk to this baby every day and I rub my belly and tell whoever is in there to just STAY PUT !! I know I am a mother already. I think about and miss my Gracie and Oliver every single day. But I can't be with them... not yet anyway. So... please keep us in your prayers and thoughts that this pregnancy will go smoothly and we will ONLY deliver when it's safe for both of us. This baby is so loved !!

Comments

Carolyn Hansen said…
You are in our prayers and even in the prayers of friends of ours who don't know you!
Anonymous said…
I will be praying for you, sweetie. I'm so glad to hear that your doctor is being proactive. Sounds like you are in good hands.
The o.b. who delivered my first two had the very same experience with his wife, and she did deliver healthy babies - yes babIES - the next time around. :) I hope things go equally well for y'all.

I can't see how extra bedrest could hurt, now, do you? If you have a decent excuse, go for it! :) More than that, though, always listen to your instincts.

Oh, and drink all the milkshakes you want! Fatten that little guy (or gal) up! :)
(I actually did have a friend whose babies were trying to come out too early and her doctor actually did say to GET SOME FAT IN THERE!) Like I said, good excuses are rare these days... :)

Keep us posted. You're in our prayers.

Jen
Laurie said…
All our love and prayers Deebie! We're so excited for you..... and I say - let that belly get as big as it wants to. :-) You're so cute preggo!
Kari said…
Prayers aplenty on your behalf ;) It sounds like you and your doctor have a plan which is great. I wish you weren't having to throw up so darn much!!! {{{{{HUGS}}}}} to you and that wee bit ... keep us posted as things progress!
Kasey said…
Congratulations Deb and Josh! We will definitely keep you in our thoughts and pray for a patient little one that will be round and plump. :)
Natalie said…
Congrats Deb! By my 3rd I was showing I think from the minue of conception. hee hee. We're praying for you too! It's great to see your comments on my blog.

Take care sweetie.
Anonymous said…
Can't wait to find out if you're having a boy or girl. Let me know if I can do anything. Love ya tons!