Organic Baby Grub...

Yesterday I made Noah some organic baby food with (mostly) produce from our garden. It was so easy and so fun and I love knowing he is getting such healthy food in his belly. The two things that aren't from the garden are the corn and green beans( our green beans did not do well this summer). But they are from Costco and they are organic. I know a lot of people don't see much of a difference but we do and as long as we can do and afford organic for Noah, that is what he will get. (Josh worked on an organic farm from the age of 12-18 and he said there is a huge difference in the produce). It will be so easy to pop these frozen little squares out to feed him. And they last much longer then if I make a big thing of it and just put it in the fridge.The corn and peas are so sweet, I would even eat a bowl of them mashed up !

So right now Noah is eating:

Corn
Peas
Green Beans
Squash
Zucchini

Plus his rice cereal and his bottle.

I have to wait until he gets used to his veggies and then I will introduce him to all the yummy fruits.

He loves everything so far. This kid is a big eater... He weighs 18lbs !!


Comments

Laurie said…
OK - you are amazing...officially.!:) If you can make baby food look good - you are amazing. There's just something so organized and oh so "Martha" about it that I love in your pictures. Well - just look at it. Oh - do I ever have a long way to go in the kitchen. :) Lucky baby!
Terry and Alice said…
Yeah those ice cube trays full of brightly colored veggies look good and really fun to make! Tato is on solids already so it's too late for her but maybe I'll get motivated for the new baby!