Lovely Pearls...




(silly picture of me wearing Grandma's pearls to our dinner of Pork Chops. Pork Chops can be fancy right?)

I LOVE pearls. And it's my birthstone. Lucky me! I think they are so classy and beautiful. Funny thing is, I don't have many. I have a pearl ring that my mother had made special for me many years ago, and a couple pearl necklaces. But I want to be draped in them. Even if I'm just wearing a tank top or doing the dishes. When I was home this summer I was in my grandmas bedroom looking at all of her jewelry and came across strand after strand of pearls. I'm sure they weren't real ones. They never had that kind of money, but she loves them and wears them to church and dinner with friends and because they have adorned her neck... I love them even more. They smell like Chantilly Lace, her favorite perfume. They smell like Grandma. She said I can have them some day. I am patiently waiting.

Comments