Health Update

Things are good here. The surgery went very well according to the Dr.
I don't remember a whole lot. I remember crying uncontrollably in the
operating room before the Dr. came in, because I was so scared. I kept
saying " I don't want to lose this one"... I was just thinking that
this was our last chance. If this didn't work, we would have to start
thinking about other alternatives to having our family. But.. I guess
things went well. He said my cervix is at a perfect length. Of course
there are never any guarantees with this procedure, but he feels
pretty hopeful. I'm just taking things one day at a time. I'm still in
pain but I'm trying not to take too much of the pain meds he gave me.
But every once in awhile I have to break down and take some. I
continue to be extremely nauseous which doesn't help, but whatever. I
can handle being sore and sick if it means a good outcome in a few
months. I am back to work today, Monday. The surgery was last
Wednesday. And I'm hurting pretty bad, so I don't know if I'll last
all day. But we'll see. I'm really excited to be done with work all
together for awhile. All this sitting really stresses me out. It's
more pressure on my cervix and I'm constantly thinking about that.
So... to be home taking care of my body will be nice and less
stressful.

One day at a time...

Comments

Kasey said…
Deb, I'm so glad to hear that everything went well. I've been thinking about you all weekend. Hope you're feeling better soon and able to enjoy being pregnant. Love you!
Lisa said…
It will be good when you can get away from that job and relax at home and take care of that baby. :) Make sure to take good care of yourself as well... get up and go home if you need to! :) Love ya!
Anonymous said…
Glad to hear the update...

I'm also glad to hear that you'll be able to take it easy soon. Praying for you tonight...

Jen
Kari said…
Oh, I am happy for an update and to know that things went well with the procedure. You take care of you and that little one and know there are loads of prayers on your entire family's behalf. Love you!