Christmas Q & A



Q: Real or artificial tree?
A: Seeing as how my husband works for the Forest Service, I anticipate many years w/ a real Christmas Tree :(

Q: Do you like eggnog?
A: yes, but rarely drink it. It's too darn fattening. Although, I did ask Josh if he thought the grocery store would have it's seasonal ice cream in and if so, I wanted him to pick up some egg nog ice cream to try. ( not that it's any less fattening... I just wanted some )

Q: Favorite gift received as a child?
A: I loved my set of Little House on the Prairie books from my Grandma and a pair of new Nike running shoes from my uncle. I thought HE was so cool, so of course, I was cool for wearing something he gave me.

Q: Do you have a nativity scene?
A: Yes, it's so pretty and hand painted

Q: Hardest? Easiest person to buy for?
A: Hardest: my dad. He has everything he needs. But you can never go wrong with getting him a new book or something to do with his sailboat. Easiest: Josh. If it has to do with hiking, wine or camping, he is good to go.

Q: Favorite Christmas movie?
A: White Christmas. I love old movies

Q: White lights or colored lights?
A: White lights for sure. Very simple and classy


Q: Favorite Christmas song?
A: I love Oh Holy Night, and Chestnuts Roasting (I think it's actually called something else though)

Q: Travel for Christmas or stay home?
A: Both. Depends on how tired I am :)

Q: Do you open presents Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?
A: I grew up opening one present on Christmas Eve and loved it. Josh didn't and tries to make me wait until Christmas Day, but I told him that is a tradition we are going to carry on with our kids. One gift on Christmas Eve, the rest on Christmas morning.

Q: Do you tell the Christmas story?
A: My dad always read that to us while growing up. Josh needs to continue that one as well.

Q: Favorite Christmas tradition?
A: Cooking together in the kitchen, playing games, everyone lounging around reading their new books, And my dad always gets his girls new Christmas PJ's. Every year we can count on that.

What about you ? (Kristin :) )

Comments

Kasey said…
You should try the SILK Soy brand of egg nog. It's pretty yummy and low fat. :)

I always got new jammies for Christmas too. I think that's a fun tradition.
Kari said…
PJs are the gift our girls open on Christmas Eve!! Just reading your post got me even more excited for Christmas!! Our ward party last week was all about traditions and we were asked to e-mail some of ours so they could compile a list for the ward. It was so fun to think about the things we do in our family now and how they came about from traditions we grew up with!