Welcome... November



Not a lot going on right now. I'm just not in the mood to blog lately. Good things going on though, taking up some of my time..... (don't worry, my blogging absence isn't because I'm in a deep depression.) Things are getting better. I'm getting through it. Just have other things on my mind right now that I need to be focusing on. We are very excited about Thanksgiving coming up and our 2 week vacation to Washington and Oregon. Josh has some special things planned for us. In honor of Fall and Thanksgiving, I wrote this piece awhile ago and thought it was fitting for the time...

Falling Season

The first sign
Scent of crisp air
My heart skips a beat
And I sigh
Second sign
Turning leaves
Golden, scarlet, olive
Gripping branches
Not wanting to drop just yet
Sweaters brought out
Hats put on
Trips to the pumpkin patch
The apple cider warms our core
Kids trick or treating
Homemade pumpkin pie
Thanks to be given
For much
October 30th never to be forgotten
You came too early
Annual visit to the ocean
Another world waiting for us there
Memories
Lighthouses, weddings, forever love
My favorite of all four
Seasons

Comments

Unknown said…
I wish I could write like that. You have such an amazing talent. Glad to hear you are doing better. With the holidays upon us there is so much to focus on that is good and exciting. I always love the thought of a brand new year and imagine what exciting things can happen.
Kari said…
Thanks again for sharing your beautiful writings ... Happy November!!