Resurrection








                                     







It has been close to six weeks since I made the decision to get off of Facebook ( I think, I've lost track of time because I've been so happy since I left ).  I told myself that I would give it at least a month and see how I felt ( actual physical pain from withdrawal perhaps ). Let me just say that I have no desire to go back anytime soon. The one and only thing I have missed is being able to share pictures of our lives with those I deeply care for.  I've gone back to good ol' fashion email, but it takes several emails to send more than a handful of pictures at a time. So, I decided to resurrect my blog from way back when.
My last post was 4 years ago. And it wasn't until a friend of mine told me she was going to create a blog for herself, that I remembered I actually still had one. So thank you Leslie my darling girl, for inspiring me to bring mine back to life. This will not only be a way for me to share our lives  here in the Jurgensen home through photos once again, but also a way for me to write and think and feel and be.

Much has been going on here- for starters, I'll just share the biggest news... Liam got his hair cut... I know ! He has always been our little hippy kid. The "go with the flow" kid. But, he has been coming to me lately asking, begging is more like it, to let him cut his hair. I told him I don't have to let him do anything. It's his hair, his body, and he can make those choices for himself. With my children, I want to pick my battles. Hair is not one I wish to fight. I asked him if he liked his hair. Yes. Then why do you want to get it cut ? I already knew what was coming.  " Because I'm tired of everyone calling me a girl. I'm not a girl- I'm a boy ! "  This has been going on for quite awhile. Anywhere we go, people think Liam is a girl because of his long hair. We have to correct said people, who then blush with embarrassment, and apologize to Liam. He has told me lately at school, kids have been bullying him because of his long locks. He was very adamant about having short(er) hair. I told him we would do whatever he wanted and to not worry about a thing. As he walked away, feeling relieved, my heart welled up. With sadness, with pride, with anger, with love. My big little baby. He is growing up so quickly. But my mind is thinking... he is still so young and sensitive. Of course he will be affected when people make fun of his long hair. I'm thinking...what  have we done wrong in teaching him to stand up for himself and say to those bullies,  " No ! I like my hair. Boys can have long hair too, so piss off !" ( Okay, so that's what I want to say to those little punks ). And to not let the opinion of others change who we are. I'm thinking...why are certain children so mean and hurtful ? I'm thinking....mama bear is alive and well and not afraid to be loud !
Stayed tuned.....

Lets see, what else ? Noah is completely committed to his golf lessons. I've never seen a kid so dedicated to something. When he's not on the course, he is in the backyard practicing, weather permitted. I love that he has such passion for something. We think he has real promise with golf in the future. And..... Josh and I just celebrated 11 years of wedded bliss. 13 years ago, I said yes to a first date. And 11 years ago, yesterday, I said yes to being his wife. Best.decision.I.ever.made. !!!!!!! We had a lovely night out. Left the children with a babysitter, and really enjoyed some alone time  in downtown Coeur d'Alene. As we waited for our table, we walked around, looking in the shop windows, holding hands, talking, and gazed at all the twinkle lights. Finally my phone buzzed. An indication that our table was ready. We ate some really good food, and told each other how proud we were for the ways we have grown as individuals, as parents, and as husband and wife over the years.  Every day, every year, we learn more about each other. We love each other even more. And realize we can't waste time. We have to make every day count. Time flies.   So much has been happening, which I will talk about in another post.  But for now, I will leave you with saying... you must rent the movie This Beautiful Fantastic ! It is so incredibly touching.  It's about love, friendship, loneliness, self confidence, OCD conditions, isolation, coming into ones own, loss, being brave, and overcoming our fears. I was so deeply touched by this movie. I'm not sure why. Maybe I know someone who reminds me of sweet Bella Brown who feels so alone, maybe it reminds me of myself in some ways. I don't know. All I do know is that this movie spoke to me. Rent it at Redbox. 

Toodles for now... it feels so good to be back .  Pictures below as well.











Comments

Unknown said…
It's good to have your blog back up and running again. Regarding leaving Facebook, I think this is a better forum for you. It allows for more detail and expression, which I know you like :)

P.S. I need a better picture of Liam's new do!

Love you always.
Unknown said…
Well, duh, I just saw that other picture of Liam with his haircut. Didn't you have one if him laying on a couch reading before? Anyway, It looks awesome! Tell him I love it! That smile of his is adorable, too.
Unknown said…
Love your blog!! ❤️ Love all of the pictures p, but as great as they are, I love you all MORE!!!!❤️❤️❤️❤️
Uncle Nick said…
Deb,
This is the answer to your question. It's my first post to your reborn blog (4 years later). I just went to your old blog address, it popped up with the new additions, and I am currently posting to it without my gmail account open.

It is great to see all the beautiful pictures. We enjoy seeing your boys growing up before our eyes!

Love,

Uncle Nick
Unknown said…
Love love love everything about this. Thank you for sharing your life. I am also sad about the hair this is a hard topic of teaching our children to be authentic no matter what, yet sometimes the pain of the bully out ways the authentic self.

I cal not wait to watch This Beautiful Fantastic.
Unknown said…
Dear Deb, it is so good to see you blossoming in what you love. Your commitment to your family and things in life that warm many hearts. I miss your family and your delicious cooking! Sending you lots of Love from Spain! Emmanuelle