Pumpkin Spice Everything

















































































The wind blew so hard yesterday I thought I was going to have to go put away all the outdoor decor I have on the back porch. The twinkle lights were swaying, the bunting was flapping in the wind. Beach balls from summer play were lifted off the ground and thrown against the fence. The pine needles were falling like rain, and the streets of our tree lined neighborhood were and are, like literal sheets of ice, only covered with sheets of yellow, brittle pine needles. Take those corners extra slow or your tires might just slip a bit. 

Noah had his last session of golf this week until Spring. They split the class into small groups and the kids were able to hit 3 holes out on the course. He was in his element. It was so fun to watch him grab the correct club, kneel down and line up the ball with the hole for his stroke, and make his big swing or slow and precise putt. He is so good at chipping. He is asking Santa for a Sand Wedge club this Christmas. He is so happy when he thinks of or plays or watches, or dreams about golf. And that makes us happy to see such joy in his precious face and heart. Liam will start the program next fall when he is old enough. Moving up in the world from the city golf program. But first, he wants to give basketball a try in the Spring. I've never even seen a basketball in the kids hand. So he must have developed an inkling from PE at school. My darling Leelee...it's very hard to say no to that sweet face. Did you see that picture of him on Josh's back ? Enough to make your heart melt. 

I'm dragging my feet on Halloween preparations.  The house is decorated for the kids. I love October and get excited to make good memories for them. Noah is going to be a big, green lego, and Liam is going to be Branch from the movie Trolls. I bought green spray paint today so I can start on  Noah's this weekend. And I found the perfect little vest at Goodwill the other day so I can make Liam's costume out of felt, cutout leaves. Now, all I need to find is a black wig and troll ears ! Party store, don't let me down. I've waited until the last minute. Everything may be gone. Then what ? 

It has been pretty uneventful here this week. We're all starting to feel better from the bug we had- minus Liam- he rarely seems to catch what the rest of us get. A lot of the pictures are just our day to day life. Every day living in the Jurgensen home.  The kids have swimming tonight. It has been cold and rainy here all day. I secretly wish we could just stay home. I don't want to go out in the cold and darkness. I'm beginning to think I might be a closeted hermit. We had our dear friend Jeff, who is also Josh's work colleague come over for dinner last night. He was in town on business from Missoula. It's always so good to catch up with friends. I think some of the best conversations are had sitting around the dinner table. Eating good food, and sharing stories and memories. Jeff brought with him a birthday present for Noah. They were supposed to come in March for a weekend of birthday fun, but they all got sick. So... Noah hopped in the truck this morning to go to school and found a present waiting for him. His eyes lit up like the sun when he saw two packages of golf balls and a new bag of tee's. They know the way to that kids heart. 

If you remember the 70's, then you might remember the TV series Family; staring James Broderick as the father ( Matthew Broderick's dad ), the beautiful ( She reminds me of my Grandma Laney ), Sada Thompson as the mother, Gary Frank as Willy, the high school drop out, wanna-be writer, who is an innately good human being, protective older brother,  Kristy McNichol as Buddy, the smart mouthed, hilarious one liner, Donny Osmond loving, army hat, denim overall wearing younger daughter, and eventually with a character change, Meredith Baxter Birney, as the divorced, single mother, oldest sister. They have nicknames for each other like "Peaches" and "Darling", and "tizzy-lish". I don't even remember how I found it on YouTube, but I am hooked ! It is such a good, family show that deals with real issues (in that time, and even today in our time), loving, firm, devoted parents who try to raise their children to think for themselves, but also offer, good, sound advice. And that house... my gosh.... so dreamy. That rounded doorway and the stairs leading down into the kitchen are to die for.  A woman after my own heart. I have been watching episode after episode late at night when everyone else is in bed, or in-between taking care of the house during the day duties. There are few shows like this on TV today. With the exception of This Is Us. Anyway... check it out. It will bring back memories. And if you haven't seen it because I am that much older than you, still check it out. What a wonderful show. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iZt3OxNdz8&list=PLJI_hrqCFqfx58gHDkeWh14RJtFoQC5kf

Comments

Unknown said…
Oh wow! I love all of your beautiful Fall pictures! Makes me hungry every time I see your wonderful food. I can smell everything! You and your family are so awesome!! I'm so proud of you and count my blessings that you're in my life........always and forever!! I love you all more than I could ever say!!❤️❤️❤️❤️
Mom said…
I just took time to sit and catch up on your blog a little. Like your dad said, you have such talent in photography and writing. Thanks for sharing your "day to day life." Wish we lived closer so we could experience it in person. Counting the days until Christmas! Love you.