Writing...

I really want to start writing more, so I'm going to use my blog as an avenue to that. I've shared my pieces before, but I need to start doing it on a regular basis. I've got a book that I jot down ideas of subjects I can write about. So I'm going to start selecting from there and writing about it. It's good for me. It's good for my soul. This is me...sharing my soul.

Today's selection;

What is your most prized possession?

Possessions


Possessions…we all have them. Most are physical items and can be replaced if lost. But the really important ones, the ones that touch our hearts, are irreplaceable. Several come to mind; old yellowed love letters, vintage photos of your Grandparents wedding, the ever-so-soft blanket you wrapped your new baby in to come home from the hospital…Some of our possessions are not physical, but emotional, mental and spiritual. The love of your husband, the knowledge that you are never alone, that God is there with you. That He knows you. Self worth. Forgiveness. Things you can not touch.

But would those physical items devastate me if I were to lose them? Probably…because I am such a sentimental person. But I would wipe my tears and move on. What about the others? Absolutely. It’s easy to get physical things back, but emotions from the heart…those take hard work. Effort. And faith.

There is one tangible thing. If I were to lose this one item, I think my heart would be broken and I would lose a little of myself. Is it replaceable?

Yes. In the physical sense.

But it represents such a huge part of who I am. Inside.

My wedding ring.

To me, this silver band with diamonds around my ring finger represents love. My love. It says to me, I chose this man to be mine.

Mine.

And he is.

It stands for public unity. Choosing to stand before our friends and family and make promises to each other.

To keep.

Sacred.

And I will.

Forever.

This ring says family to me. Our family.

Gracie ~ Oliver ~ Noah

It says I belong to him. I am his.

I am his Wife.

That means something.

If lost, we can buy another. But it won’t be the same. It won’t be the ring he placed upon my finger when he asked me to become his. It won’t have the wear and tear of our years together. Good times and bad. It won’t fit the imprint that has been made on my finger.

It wouldn’t be the same.

I digress… some things are irreplaceable.

Comments

Kari said…
Beautifully said :)