For Noah

This is a piece I wrote when Noah was born...

March 5, 2009

Finally
You are here
Our son
Our Noah
You are so perfect
So beautiful
I am stunned
All I can do is cry
This time
Tears of pure joy
For the first time
In so long
Daddy holds you
Filled with pride
His boy
All of our effort
More than worth the wait
All the pain we went through
Gracie and Oliver
Never to be forgotten
Making us eternally
Grateful
For you
Will you ever
Truly know
How loved and wanted you were
Are
We will spend our lives
Making your life
Safe and happy
You have brought us
So much joy and happiness
Your smile lights up the room
Our lives
You look like daddy
Mostly
Resembling mommy only
In the eyes
Blue
And sparkling
Daddy works outside the house
Mommy inside
Her dream job
Taking care of her baby
You are here
It’s true
Finally
I can breathe

Comments

Kari said…
Brings tears to my "cold hearted" eyes :) You are a passionate writer, Deb!