Sailing Away...

Here are a few pictures of Noah's nursery. I'm not done with it yet. I still have several things to put up on the walls, but you can get an idea of the layout. I went with a sailing theme. I'm waiting to find some really cool vintage sailing pictures to put up. I want just the right look :) I'm still working on a craft project for Noah too, with his name for the wall. My dad, mom and Josh worked on the room. I was busy still being pregnant and trying to get the baby out so my mom could snuggle with him a little before she left. He came 3 days before she flew out. Cutting it a little close Noah :) I LOVE this room. Everyone did such a wonderful job. I had this vision for what I wanted and it has turned out even better. The paint is the coolest color of blue. The cute sailing cord around the room was dad's idea and it looks so great. Really ties the room together. The colors I went with are the greyish/silvery/blue, cream, tans, browns, and cottage white. I'm so thankful for everyone's hard work. Noah has the best room in the house.

While it pretty much looks this way, we made a couple changes, but Grandma Kramer painted this for Noah's room. Enter into Sailing World :)


The side of Noah's boat...



I can't tell you how much this boat means to me, and I'm sure one day to Noah. My dad put so much time, effort and love into making this for him. My dad is a big sailor. That is why I went with the sailing theme to begin with. I wanted Noah to spend lots of summers sailing with Grandpa ( hopefully we all live close enough one day to do that). I'll put more pictures at better angles of the boat later. But I just wanted to show you how cute it was and how special it is. It really does work on water. Noah can actually float in it. Until then I'm sure he'll put his toys in it and rock back and forth on the floor until we can put it in water. Dad... I love you for doing this for my son !!



This special note to Noah is hidden under the brown seat of the boat.


Grandpa and Noah sitting by their special boat :)


This table is for Noah from Grandma and Grandpa Kramer. I couldn't believe how much stuff they brought out with them when they came. They had to drive instead of fly because they had so many goodies. Isn't this table so cute. I can just see him sitting there reading his books or coloring when he gets a little bigger. SO CUTE !!


This is the cord my dad found and thought I might like. Well, he was right.I love it. We were thinking of doing the white rope around the walls, but I'm glad he found the brown instead. It looks so great with the paint and bead board (sp?).


Found this cool little picture holder at Kholes... Love the different colors of blue in it.


Oh, I have a really cute changing table, but I can't find a picture of it. To come later. Josh's mom sent this adorable little sweater, and while he will wear it, I had to put it up as decor. It was just too cute. I still need to put some pictures in frames and you see most of them empty. Still a work in progress this room.


This dresser has been in my family for many many years. When I was using it, it was green, so mom painted it this cool cottage white, we bought new knobs for it, and we put those little decals in the front. I love how it turned out. And I love that it has been used by so many people in our family.

(Noah's crib is in our room for awhile, so we'll move that into his room later on)

Comments

Kari said…
It's beautiful, Deb!! All the love that went into it makes it even more special :) Perfectly done!!!
Laurie said…
The room is beyond cute! The boat from Grandpa made me want to cry - so amazing! It all looks so fun - can you believe he's here?