Seaside Florida: Part One... Me and My Girls

I'm going to divide this trip to Seaside Florida and it's happenings into several different parts. The first being me and my girls...

I have known Carolyn, Kasey and Kari for about 15 years now (is that right girls?). We all went to college together and were roommates for several years. Even though I am old now and have a horrible memory, I DO remember laughing a lot with these ladies. We were four boy crazy girls with a lot of energy who rarely slept. Eventually we all got married and went our separate ways, some keeping in touch more then others. But somehow, we always got updates on each others lives from "one of us". Even though we didn't stay in contact as much as we should have or would have like to since we lived in four different states, the bond is still there, as if no time has passed. And having our blogs has helped so much with the busy lives we all live. So much has happened in the 15 years since we lived together, so last year sometime we all discussed getting together for a girls weekend. We were so excited to go and the planning started. Then... I got pregnant !! So... seeing as how I would have been 8 1/2 months pregnant by the time the trip came up, they went on with the planning without me. I was sad to miss out on all the fun, but so happy to be pregnant again. But then, we lost our beautiful Oliver. I got a call from Kasey one day saying " Deb, we think you need a girls weekend with us after everything you have gone through lately, so come to Florida". As sad as I was...I knew she was right. I needed my girls. So Josh put me on a plane to Georgia where Carolyn lives. We all flew in to Atlanta and then left from Carolyn's house and drove 6 hours to Seaside Florida.

This town was GORGEOUS !! (even if my hair WAS frizzy in every single picture from all the humidity, it was worth it to be there :) ) It's where they filmed the movie The Truman Story, so you can imagine how pretty and quaint it was. We had the best time thinking back on life in Apartment #20 at King Henry. I brought old photos of us all and we cried we were laughing so hard. The clothes, the hair, the music, ALL the boys. See why I love photographs so much? They take you right back to that very moment. And then to see and talk about where we are now in our lives and what we have been through. It was such a perfect weekend. But we were all in agreement... we wanted one more day !! The town was picturesque, the food was great, the shops were amazing, the beach was breathtaking and the memories will last forever...My husband has 4 great guys that he has known forever and when the decision to go on this trip came up all I had to say to him was " these girls to me are like your guys to you. That's how much I love them". He smiled and said "have a great time"...and that we did.

Love you girls so much... thanks for the amazing four days in paradise...


{L to R: Deb, Carolyn, Kasey, Kari}













Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm so glad you were able to go and had such a great time! Call me, we need to catch up. I miss seeing you on Ichat.