Afternoon Conversation

Last night I went to bed with a clean kitchen. This morning, I awoke to a filthy kitchen.

Not happy.

Technically, Josh is still on vacation, but he went into the office from 7-11 today to help with some stuff. He decided to get up early, grill a steak, and make steak (w/potatoes, onions and cheese)breakfast burritos for himself and his employee.

Not a problem. Just clean up your mess.

I walked into the kitchen and the first thought through my head was "What the #@!$"
But then I immediately calmed myself and thought how I could use this to my advantage.

Here is how the conversation went once Josh got home:

Deb: Hi honey
Josh: Hey sweets
Deb: I went to bed last night to a clean kitchen, But that's not what I woke up to is it ?
Josh: NO, but I left some breakfast for YOU in the fridge.
Deb: That's wonderful and thank you, but since I was nice and cleaned up your mess, you are going to watch Noah while I take a bath and read.
Josh: But I left you breakfast.
Deb: Do not bother me for an hour.
Josh: An HOUR ?
Deb: Yep.
Josh: sigh
Deb: Don't even think about opening that bathroom door. I don't want to hear a peep out of you.

An hour and a 1/2 later of uninterrupted soaking, lounging and reading time, Josh opened the bathroom door.

Josh: Mommy... Noah wants you....

I love my husband :)

Comments

Lisa said…
I love these cute little conversations between you and Josh. :)