Three Generations...

I thought I'd better end the blogging hiatus... and when I say hiatus, I mean my laziness. Actually I've been busy since I got back from my Ohio trip. I started work for the Forest Service the day after I got back and have been busy with house projects after work, plus I started back up at the gym. I get off an hour before Josh does every day, so I’ve been swimming. I love it… I really hope I start to look and feel better. You know when you look in the mirror and just say “It’s out of control”? Well, I’m there. I have never felt so out of shape or been so overweight. I’m used to being tiny and toned. But, it’s never too late so I’m really going to dedicate myself to getting healthy again. Working at the same place as my husband is something I NEVER thought I would do. I always wanted those two worlds to be separate, but it hasn't been bad at all. We get to save on gas by carpooling to and from, and Josh is usually out in the field, so we don't see a lot of each other. I have slipped a few times and called him "honey" in the office, but then quickly correct myself and say " I mean Josh". Everyone usually just laughs and says " Ahhh ". But it has been good. I am keeping them caught up on all the accounting (money that comes in from the fee tubes for the recreation fees). So far so good. I am patiently waiting for summer to pick up so I have more to do. I am at times, fiddling my thumbs because I am so caught up UNLIKE the person who was in charge of all that before I came along. She's still there. She's the supervisor for that dept, but I'm going to keep my mouth shut. Lets just say the safe was always full of money bags because she was NOT on top of things. (Don’t get me started on her and everything she does. Just smile and do your job Deb :) ) I have been able to get out in the field a little myself since I’m on top of the money situation and being out there is fun. It’s such a gorgeous area. Yesterday I saw tons of deer by the side of the road and two moose. So cute... and so huge !Anyway... work is good. It's fun to see Josh in his element. I have always been so proud of him, but it's even better to see him in action. And he is lookin' HOT this summer. I am LOVING that boy so much !! Am I a lucky wife or what ? :)

The trip to Ohio was great. It was so fun to see family members and spend time with them. Grandparents, Aunts and Uncles, cousins... so fun !! Audrey came from Michigan for the weekend and she is as adorable as ever. Love that girl ! Mom, Grandma Laney and I drove to New Jersey to see my uncle get married. It was a fun road trip and something that will probably never happen again, so I'm so grateful the three of us were able to do that. Even though we had a tire blow out and AAA had to come fix it for us, it was still fun ! The wedding was gorgeous. If you haven't been to the Washington DC temple, you must. It is so breathtaking. We are all happy for Bob and Carrey and wish them the best. This is the second marriage for both and it looks like they got it right this time. Combined, they have 6 kids now; Olivia (15), Meredith (13), Austin (10), Addison (9), Ethan (6), and Samantha (4)… Quite the Brady Bunch but I think they are going to do great :)

Josh and I are planning a trip to WA for our friends wedding on July 5th. I’m excited for Mat and Amy to get married, but I’m also really excited to be on the Puget Sound for the 4th of July. I love that holiday and being with great friends will be so fun. I just made an appt for next Friday to get new glasses. My eyes are getting so bad so it’s time for a new prescription and some cute new frames. Also time for a new hair cut. I’m going short again. It has grown out quite a bit since I got it chopped at the beginning of the year. I think I’m going to get a little color in it too. I haven’t done that for years, but since it’s summer and I’ll have new glasses, I thought I’d cover up some of my gray. Even though Josh loves the gray… go figure. So… things are good. I have a lot to be grateful for. I have so many wonderful blessings and know even more are in store for us.













Comments

Kari said…
So glad to know that work is going well, you had a wonderful and safe trip, and that the wedding was fabulous!! So happy to see you back on the blog ;)