Memories...

Everyone who knows me, knows I am a SAP when it comes to anything sentimental. While I was home in Ohio I went through my mom's box of photos and I picked out a handful of photos to scan. I am working on a project and trying to pick the perfect wall in our house to put all of my precious photos up. You've seen those walls in Pottery Barn magazines that are just covered in frames? That's the look I'm going for. All black frames. I haven't decided if I want to do all the photos in black and white or do some in color as well. We'll see. But I am excited. I have so many great pictures that are just irreplaceable. A lot of the ones I brought home from mom and dads are of them when they were younger, and of their families. I can't believe how much Brennon looks like my dad did when he was little. We have always called Bren a "mini Bruce", but when I saw these pictures I about fell over. I love my family and I love love love photographs. Josh is working on a project to put all of the pictures that are on our computer to disks so we can put them in a fire proof save so if we have to leave the house in an emergency, we can just grab the safe with all of our important documents and photos. You can't replace those memories. Look at all these great photos... some of them are of me when I was younger too… And as I've said before... the double chin has ALWAYS been with me ...Unfortunately. Maybe all this swimming will help me out with that !!


(Remember when I posted about the teenagers in todays society with all their technology and gagdets and how I wish things could just be simple again and I talked about all the toys that me and my brother and sister played with... I mentioned a Holly Hobby doll... here she is !! )





(I love these pictures when it was just me and my mom)


(mom pregnant with me)


(Mom and dad. Married in WA DC temple, reception in church gym (gasp))


(Dad camping in Idaho)


(Mom hated camping...no wonder, look at the size of that backpack)


(Grandpa loved playing tennis)


(Gorgeous Grandma by the pool)


(Grandma & Grandpa Laney on wedding day)



(Mom's family)


(Deb)


(Deb in Brownie uniform)



(Dad in Army uniform... Hubba Hubba )


(Dad and his siblings... Dad in upper right corner. Looks JUST like Brennon)


(Dad, about age 5)

Comments

Anonymous said…
I absolutely love these picture. So cute! I can remember way back then when we were in Idaho and I wanted to be in the Brownies.
Kari said…
What great pictures!!! I love looking back at photos from the past :) I have all of my pics backed up on an external hard drive that I update every few weeks ... it was one of the last things I did before we left for Hawaii in case anything happened to our computer while we were gone!!! I even took my portable EHD to Hawaii so I could back up my photos every day! A little anal, I know, but gotta make sure I don't lose all of those memories!
Sarah Markley said…
Oh, I love your old pictures! I need to do something "digital" with mine. =)