Nesting


Oh nothin'... just doing a whole lot of day dreaming over the last few months. Starry eyed over thinking about vintage 1940's sweater vests that I want to add to my closet. Finding the perfect tile for our kitchen remodel (one of these days hopefully in the sooner rather than later future ). Pretending that my kitchen is actually the perfect  little English cottage kitchen. Making a mental note of Christmas gifts and projects already. Trying every day to not listen to Michael Buble Christmas album ( one day I failed miserably and cranked it up while the kids were at school ). Debating whether or not I should try my hand at knitting/crocheting -( the question being can I have enough patience to learn, or will I throw the yarn across the room or stab someone with my needle.) I am not known for my patience in our house. But I really do want to learn.  Maybe I should start with needle point ? I so love growing older and having a desire to do things like needle point. So much goes on in my head. Can one ever daydream too much ? I dare say no. But...  It's time to get back to my blog. 





































I wish you could smell my house right now. Josh called today Thanksgiving in October. Every Thanksgiving Josh buys about 3 turkeys. One to cook on Thanksgiving day, but then a couple more to put in the deep freezer to cook throughout the year when we get a hankering for turkey. That hankering for Josh came this weekend. As I type this, the potatoes are boiling away on the stove. Josh makes the best mashed potatoes. And oh my dear... his sausage stuffing is amazing !  The turkey thermometer popped about 45 minutes ago and has been resting beautifully on the oven waiting to be carved. It's just another weekend here. Full of play dates at gymnastic gyms (that was redundant wasn't it ? ), apple picking and pumpkin choosing at the orchards with dear friends, trips to convention centers in Spokane to see life size dinosaurs at Jurassic Quest. Surprising our boys who know almost every single fact there is to know about every single dinosaur that ever was.  But tonight.... we will eat like Kings. 

No big news to report. Summer life was busy busy busy. We were on the go go go. I'm so happy to be home and staying put for awhile. We did go to Leavenworth, Washington over labor day weekend and I will do another post about that aMAZING place another time. But we are parked at home until we go to Depot Bay, Oregon for Thanksgiving. Lock the door... Mama loves to be home. My parents are coming here for Christmas this year and I am so excited to spend time with them and spoil them with good food, good wine and good times while they are here. Until then, life goes on as usual. The boys are almost done with golf lessons for the season. Swimming has been delayed until Nov 12th, so they will most likely catch an ear infection coming out of the pool and into freezing weather. (it was supposed to start in September but was delayed because of construction ).  Great, now my kids are going to get pneumonia. Thanks city of Coeur d'Alene. 

So much going on in our world right now. It seems ( and is ) dark. But all I can focus on is MY VOTE. My one little vote. I can not wait to get to my district building and mark that ballot. I know this world is full of good people, wanting to do the right thing. And those voices are being heard. Even though at times it feels hopeless. Things are changing. Slowly. I fear it will be slow going, but I do have hope that things will get better. Maybe not before they get worse, but I do have hope for the future. I have to.  Oh yes, we will clean that swamp. And I can't wait until the current administration goes swirling down the drain. VOTE !!



Comments