The Little Things







































































I started collecting photos for this post a few weeks ago when my heart was light and thinking of " the little things " in life that make me happy. But in the wake of the " most current " school shooting, my heart is so heavy and I feel sick. It is all I can think of. I won't get into my personal political beliefs here, but this current administration better get off their asses and MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN !! Not just say they are going to do something but actually DO something. I don't want to hear that all the children and their families are in their thoughts and prayers. That is not going to stop the next shooter from changing his mind about buying that gun. Change the laws !!!!!! My children are afraid to go to school. Noah asked me if I can home school them. Children and teachers are dying. I'm sure Trump would change those laws in a second if this happened to one of his grandchildren. He won't change them because  there is too much money involved with the NRA, and a tragedy like this has not affected him personally. He has no empathy.  Enough is enough. 19 years since Columbine, and it is STILL happening ! Shame on everyone who didn't change the laws the very first time this happened. Stop talking and ACT ! 

I wanted this to be about the little things that bring so much joy. They are different for everyone. But my whole life... it has never taken much to make me happy. Living simply is so important to Josh and me. In fact, inscribed inside his wedding ring, I had the jeweler write " The Simple Life ". The precious every day moments that need to be noticed and remembered. I have so many of those in my life. To say that I am sentimental and nostalgic is an understatement. Something I'm very proud of. We have done so much as a family, gone so many place, we've seen so much beauty, and we have made so many of those every day, precious memories. As long as we are together as a family, that is all that matters. I don't think I could go on breathing if I didn't have my husband and children. They are my everything. 

With the current state of our country, I say hold your loved ones close. Treasure the things that truly matter. Those things can't be replaced, and if lost, are missed the most. 

Today marks the 9th year since we lost Oliver. I can hardly believe it. June 5th will be 10 years since we lost Gracie. I think of our two perfect babies every single day. Even now, after all these years. And every single day, I wish I had all 4 of my children with me. My heart will never, ever get over losing my babies. They are a part of our family and they are treasured and ached for. I still shed tears over them. I love you Oliver and Gracie, just as much as I love Noah and Liam. Until we meet again my darlings.

Comments

Unknown said…
These pictures are so full of love. Thank you for your sweet message and for sharing your loss. I love you and can not wait to eat with you over candle light.