Halloween Be Gone...









































Hallelujah !! Halloween is over ! I'm not a huge fan of this holiday, but love to see my children excited about their costumes and trick or treating. But... movin' on !  Enjoy the pictures :)

The new school pictures came in. I have to be honest, I was worried that we might have to get re-takes. On picture day, they both were giving the photographer some goofy smiles.  But, my beautiful boys pulled off another year of darling pictures. I was so happy when they brought them home in their Wednesday folders. I immediately put them in their frames downstairs on the wall so I could look at them. I can not believe how much they are growing up. Especially Noah. Liam still has his beautiful little baby face, only he has shorter hair now. His face has obviously matured since his pre-school pictures, but he hasn't changed too much. But when I pulled all of Noah's school pictures out, and looked at his very first pre-school photo, and every one after that, I almost started crying. How is it that he is in the 3rd grade now ? His face has thinned out and matured so much over the years. I know, I know... it happens. They grow. I get it. But, I just can't believe it. I mean, look at them ! Oh my gosh... I love the boys so much my heart might actually burst with  teeny, tiny heart shaped confetti. 

Well, it's official. Satellite radio is now playing Christmas music on channel 70, so that means I can too. And I don't have to feel bad about it, because I know other people are listening to it as well. In fact right now, I'm listening to the Carpenters Christmas album. Oh, sing it Karen. Her velvety, sultry voice is so prefect. Josh told Liam, that starting November 1st, he could start watching Christmas shows. Which means, we will be watching Home Alone one night, and then Home Alone 2 the next night... and so on and so on. You get my drift. Those are Liam's two favorite holiday movies. I was worried that we might run the risk of being sick.to.death. of anything Christmasy by the time Christmas actually rolls around, but I am so darn excited this holiday season ! We are headed to Michigan to spend Christmas with my family this year. I can't tell you in words how much joy that brings me. I have been terribly, horribly homesick lately. I don't know why. I have lived away from my family for so many years now. It just ... is the way it is. I go where Josh goes, and I doubt that he will ever have a job that isn't stationed on this side of the map.  But, just because I am used to I; Doesn't mean I like it. The older I get. The quicker the years pass by. And I am aching some days to be near my parents and my siblings and their children. I want so desperately to have my boys grow up close to their cousins. They get on so well together. I know they would be such dear friends if they could see each other more often. I've always loved this quote from the movie Simon Birch: Time is a monster that cannot be reasoned with. It responds like a snail to our impatience, then it races like a gazelle when you can't catch a breath. That is so true. As a child, the days drag on. But as an adult... time flies oh too quickly. So this holiday season, I'm really going to slow down. I'm going to breathe in every single moment.  I'm going to remember the way I felt as I watched my children playing on the floor, or outside in the snow. With pure joy on their faces. Those beautiful, sweet faces of theirs. I will remember special, average, sacred moments. We are going to Depot Bay for Thanksgiving with Josh's mom. This is one of our favorite spots. Most times, the weather is raging and stormy outside, while we are warm and safe in the condo. It overlooks the ocean. The waves crash so hard and loud and big that the mist hits our windows. There is something about watching waves roll in and out isn't there. It is truly intoxicating.  You almost fall asleep in your chair because the sound of the water hitting the rocks, the seagulls squawking above, the warm fireplace crackling behind you are all so relaxing. When we go to Depot Bay, we normally do not have a "schedule" that we stick to. We are lazy and play games and cook and sleep and sew and read and laugh, and relax. We treasure those times. And when we go home to see my family, I am going to focus on the simple things. I try to live a simple life on a daily basis. But I want to savor the time we have there. I want to cook delicious food, and stay up too late laughing with my sister and mom, and have my dad come out of his room and ask us, again,  to please quiet down. I want all of us to spread out on the floor with pillows and blankets and watch White Christmas, and Christmas Vacation, and It's a Wonderful Life. I want to open presents slowly on Christmas morning, one at a time, so we all admire, and treasure and appreciate what we have been given by our loved one. I want to sit around the dinner table, over looking the candles and gorgeous china that once belonged to my great Grandma Garrison. Her name was Fanny. How adorable is that ? I want to stand in front of one of the many windows in my parents house, and watch all of the beautiful, different birds that flitter around from tree branch to tree branch. And see where the squirrels have been hiding their precious nuts this year. As every year, I would be so happy having a Little House on the Prairie style Christmas. Giving one very special gift to each person. But, it has  yet to happen. Sigh - Maybe one of these years. Grandmas have a hard time with that one *wink*. 

Noah has a Veterans concert that he and his fellow 3rd graders are preparing for. He is so proud of his Poppy, being a brave soldier in the Vietnam War. He has said so many times, " we are so lucky Poppy was brave and came home, or we wouldn't have him as our Poppy ". Yes, we are so very, very lucky my darling.  I can't wait to see Noah sing his little heart out. School programs are so dear to my heart. I can barely stay in my seat as I watch them. I am so proud of my children and they bring me so much joy.

So...until next time.

Comments

Unknown said…
Oh my gosh!! I love all of your pictures, but oh my!! The boys' school pictures are beyond amazing!!! I cannot wait to get mine!!! Well, I'm in the Christmas spirit now after reading your gorgeous blog!!! Thank you sooooo much for sharing!! Maybe someday I'll find a book and it will say Author Deb Jurgensen, but my personal copy will be autographed by Binkie! Ha! Love you and your boys more than I can say!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️