Valentine's Day 2012

Noah and I had a blast decorating w/ all these hearts. The house was exploding w/ love !
 I made a big yellow cake and cut it into little squares for individual servings. Whipped up some white and pink icing and drizzled away. Turned out so moist and yummy :)
                                 Valentine's Day plate of love munchies
         French Macaroons w/ pink icing and filled w/ ganache. To.Die.For !!
       Noah got a bag of Valentine goodies. He was most excited about his Jeep Hot Wheel :)
                                             I am so crazy in love w/ this little boy.
                         Above... my big love Valentine. Below...my little sweetie Valentine. I love that         Liams neck completely disappears when he smiles.
Never in my life did I think I would have 3 Valentine's at once. But I do.... *insert big heart here*

We had a wonderful Valentine's Day at our house. The house was bursting w/ hearts and love and we surprised daddy when he came home from work. I made the yummy desserts and was off the hook as far as dinner went. Josh made his delicious lasagna and garlic bread w/ a salad. I sat and ate dinner and felt so at peace. I know... that sounds so cheesy doesn't it ? But dinner was so comforting, and hot and good, and then I looked at all three of my boys and almost wanted to cry. I am so happy ! I have such a good life. Don't worry. I'm not delusional. My life is just like everyone else. We have our crappy days too. My kids drive me nuts some days and my husband leaves his socks on the floor EVERY single day. BUT.... I don't sweat the small stuff as much as I used to (usually-although Josh might disagree w/ that statement :) ). Usually Josh and I don't make a big deal of Valentine's Day. We have always made a nice dinner for each other and wrote a little love letter to each other. But that's it. This year, for some reason, it was just so much fun having both boys. Noah doesn't even know what Valentines Day is... but he does know what fun is and he loved putting hearts up w/ me and seeing daddy's big smile when he got home. I did get Josh some Dove Dark Chocolate, but for the first time I didn't get him a card. He however... got me one. *melt*.  Men crack me up on Valentines Day. They ALL usually wait until the last minute and run around the grocery store looking for silly balloons and over priced flowers and boxes of chocolates. BUT... at least they are making an effort to do something special for their Valentine. * I know for a fact that Josh stopped at the grocery store on his way home from work because he needed to get some french bread.... and a card for me ( LOL ).  But that's the point... he THOUGHT to get a card *. I love him for that.  I'm so proud to be his sweetheart. He is a good man. A wonderful father and he is my best friend. Even when he leaves his socks out.

Comments