Little Changes...

BEFORE:
Was not loving this look. Too much all over the wall.


AFTER:
2nd go around. I like this look much better. I still can not hang a picture to save my life, but oh well. It doesn't look as clutterd as the 1st one. And I love the little shelf my mom gave me and the wooden sign (that I just glued cute paper to).




BEFORE:
Just okay. Nothing special. (Don't mind the can of Febreze :) )


AFTER:
I also found this (and a few other doilies) at the antique shop this summer. I LOVE doilies. Totally obsessed w/ them. Do they make me look like a grandma? Probably, but they add such a softness to anything. And they make things look shabby, which is what I'm all about. My favorite thing about this is the little crystal jar (by the vase). My mom bought it for herself and I mentioned how I wish I would have gotten something similar at the shop. Well, when I came home and unpacked, there is was with the sweetest little note stuffed inside. She said she loved me more then the jar. So, I put a few of my precious pearls in it and I love the way it looks. Those are fake flowers (obviously), but I love the way they look in the pewter vase my sister gave me years ago.


BEFORE:
Cute, but I was not loving it. I knew I wanted it to have more of a vintage feel to it.


AFTER:
My favorite thing about this is the darling little black and white photo of the two french girls having tea ( I love to think that it might have hung in some little girls room many many years ago. And did she dress up in pearls like I do ? :)) I found this at an antique shop in Michigan this summer. SO CUTE ! Looks great next to my Eiffel Tower. Oh, and I'm obsessed w/ pearls. I came home w/ about 7 new necklaces. (all from my Grandma, antique shop, new, etc... needless to say, only one pair is actually real, but I love them all just the same). (Poor Josh, could our bedroom BE more girly. But I like to think of it as a very romantic love nest :) )

Comments

Erin Felsheim said…
Your wall of frames looks nice. I love your dresser. I love furniture with clean straight lines. (But not contemporary)